Chapter 06 : pArty Time

Sitting in the back chair of the cab, my eyes were fixed in the window just looking at the buildings without really noticing a thing, I was a bit nervous, I have never been in  a party here before so I didn’t know what to expect, how will it be. All the way, I was lost in my thoughts, quiet, we haven’t exchanged a single word, each one of us in his own world, it’s like we were together but not together at the same time.

-We have arrived, C’mon.

Yousef's voice brought back to reality, as I was standing in front of the hotel door, it was a classic hotel with a brick façade divided into three parts.  It tells and brings a lot of memories of a period that haven’t been forgotten.

We walked to the hall, he went straight to the reception asked about the party, then the receptionist showed him where it’s, he came back to me as I was still standing in the middle of the hall alone.

-Let’s go, it’s this way.

I nodded with my head, smiling.

-Why are you so nervous,  this is a party, not a conference!!

-Hmm .  How would you understand, half of your life is parties and drinks, of course I said that to myself while we were heading to the saloon.

Once we were inside, I looked around me for a familiar face,  but they were so many people there that I didn’t know any of them, all I could see was a black suit mostly and dresses with different colors everywhere, at that particular moment I was glad that I wasn’t alone there, that my husband was with me, I smiled to that though, I felt relief.

-Haven’t you recognize anyone yet?

-No, not yet.

-Okay, I will go to bring us something to drink.

Before I could say a thing he was already gone, and I was there alone listening to the music, it was calm and soft; instrumental music, I was relieved, it least there are not songs that make a lot of noises, but something calm and relaxing, I kept looking everywhere until I saw Clara, she was with a bunch of people that I didn’t know, talking, laughing with them.

-Here is yours. Then he hands me a cup

-What is that?

-A champagne.

My eyes widened, then I rolled them in disbelief and sighed

-You know I don’t drink anything alcoholic.

He laughs,  then said:  Just tonight, try it, you won’t lose anything.

-No, thanks. I said in a firm voice, I was really pissed off, I mean just try, it’s like it’s fine and okay when it’s not.

-As you want, it’s your lost.

He hasn’t said a thing after that and just drank them both.

After a couple of minutes, he finally said:

-I think I saw an old friend there, I will go to say hi, stay here I won’t take long.

And with that, he left again, leaving me alone, I felt so bad, so strange, I don’t belong here, in this party, I was a stranger, and I did look different with my scarf on my head, I was so alone in a room crowded, full of people, that feeling was killing me.

-Hey you, won’t you take off that of your head, don’t you have a hair or it’s that ugly !!!

I turned to see a man that I didn’t know or saw before, he had nothing in particular,  except being rude,  so I tried to ignore him and didn’t respond,  but that didn’t make him leave, he came and stood in front of me now.