Chapter 17: His World

Allan Pov :

I parked the car in the parking lot as usually, I had arrived home earlier today, I took my keys , opened the front door and walked in. The house is sinking in an absolute silence, just like it was when I left it this morning, It's like she has never been here, the noises, the laughters, it's all gone now, and back to the way it has always been. How and when did she come and why ? I still didn't figure it out, it doesn't make much sense to me, her presence in my life is the last thing I expected to happen and I still until now can't explain it, I just don't get it.

I walked to my bedroom to take a shower and change, but before I took off my shirt, I heard a knock on the door, I wonder who came, I'm not waiting for anyone. I went back downstairs to open the door .

-Hey mate, he said once he was inside .

-Hey Matt, what's up ?

-Not much, it's been a while we didn't hang out, you have been unavailable lately.

-Yeah, well you know how it's.

He shook his head in disbelief, then turned his gaze everywhere around him, I wonder what he's looking for, he walked from the living room to the kitchen, then come back, sit on the sofa , I did the same looking at him, surprised by what he's doing, if he needs something he should tell me, he's acting very weird and suspicious.

To break the strange silence that made the air tense , I questioned :

-Do you want to drink something ?

He shook his head again , this time slowly as If it's not just refusing to drink, but if he's denying something big, I wonder who the hell is this guy, definitely not Matt that I know, my best friend, but some alien or zombie.

-Matt, Is everything alright with you mate?

For the first time since he comes, he looked at me in the eyes and replied :

- There is a woman smell in this house, I can smell it very well, there is no doubt of it.

-What ? ! I exclaimed not able to contain a long laughter, There is definitely something wrong with you today . I smirked

-I'm sure of what I said, a woman has been here, and I'm surprised . Definitely more than you.

-Matt, you know very well that women are not allowed here.

-I do know that, just like I know that it's always their place, even though I never understood why,he whispered the last line, then continued : and yet you clearly made an exception this time, so who is the lucky lady ? Do I know her ?

-Matt are you drunk or something ? I asked, still laughing at him

-Nope, I'm wide awake and certain, he replied.

-I don't smell any other perfume than ours and I'm pretty sure it's not women's perfume, I joked.

Matt stayed quiet for a while, he didn't say much, I sit there with him until I remembered that I had to check my emails, I am expecting an email from a company that we are working with, I left to my office not bothering myself to ask him to follow me or anything, they were just no need to, he knew his way here very well.

When I walked in the office, I found Rahaf's drawing still on my desk, I took it to hide it before Matt sees it, once it was in my hand, I couldn't help not contemplate it , in that moment, matt comes in.

-Ah! And here is my proof, she gave you a rose as a sign of your date, it is supposed to be you the one who gave it, but I don't think she had waited that much of you, she is aware of that, he stated not able to contain the smile on his face.