Chapter 08 : To BreAk or To Give A chAnce ??

The weekend is over just like the hope I had, I wake up early today; get dressed quickly as usual, not feeling like getting out or going anywhere, in the same time I can't hide at  home forever, I have to go, life goes on and everything pass, it's just the way it is.

 After preparing breakfast, I took my coffee fast and went to the mirror to check myself one last time before I go.  

I stood in front of the mirror for a few minutes, just staring in my face, it looks tired, so depress and in pain, there is still bruises in it, they don't appear much,  but if you stare and take your time, you will eventually notice them, the paint left on my face, the reminder, so much I wish if I could forget, erase it all,  yet that seems like impossible, it's not just my bones that were broken and in pain but my spirit and soul too.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT I GO TO WORK LIKE THIS,  I said to myself,  then headed to my room, brought the makeup, and begin working on my face like an artist painting on a canvas, I put only a  little, what is enough to hide what I want to hide and make me look better or at least normal.

This is better, I put the makeup in my bag in case I need it, I didn't bother myself to go and wake Yousef or anything, I haven't talked to him at all lately and I'm not planning to do that any sooner, he didn't say a thing to me neither, just nothing at all as if nothing had happened at all.

I shook my head, I don't want to think about him at all, I took my bag and went to work, I have no time to waste.

***********************

-Good Morning, how are you doing ?

I took off my eyes from the computer, it's already 11 am,  then said smiling :

-Good morning, I'm feeling better, thank you Clara. What about you ?

-I'm Good, thanks.  Sorry for not calling you, I thought you may need some space alone.

-Don't worry, I understand.

-So how is everything  ?

-It's fine.

-Okay, of course. Trying to smile and act cheerful

 She didn't believe it nor did she want to disproof with me, I could read that in her face.  She just understood that it's not the right time or place to talk.  After changing back to normal she finally said: - Mr. Watson wants to see you .

-Oh , now  ?

-Yes, darling, then when ?  Lol. She laugh,  then continued " go , you know he doesn't like waiting ''

-Sure thing.

 He is the last thing I need now,  I said this part to myself mumbling then asked :

- Do you know why ?

-NO, I have no idea, he just asked me to call you now.

I walked with Clara to his office, stood in front of the door not wanting to knock or walk in, my mood is not that good and I don't need him to make me feel worse.