Chapter 10 : The First Step

Two weeks later

It was a quiet morning, many had left the office and had to work outside as for the ones left, they were all busy staring at their screen, trying to finish what must be done, that of course include me, I stared on the façade I draw for a couple of minutes, there is definitely something missing in it, I don't know what but it gave me that feeling, yet there is nothing I can do, this project was designed by Sarah, anything I would say won't matter, she doesn't listen to anyone and she acts as she knows everything, as if everything she does is perfect which is not always the case, I would say it's a little bit arrogant from her. Anyway who cares, I will leave it as she gave me, I don't want any trouble with her or anyone else.

After saving the file in my computer, I heard my phone vibrate, I checked to find a text from Clara, calling me to her office, this must be related to the university, she has been occupied with it lately, explained to me how it will be and what she needs to inscript me, the last days have been quiet busy, of course if anyone is wondering; I didn't change my mind as Yousef said, in fact I wasn't even disappointed of his reaction at all, by now, I'm used to it, it's not new or strange and I knew at some point he will ruin the dinner, I was only upset about what he said, he made it look like a conspiracy plan and I'm some sort of victim, which is not true, I'm sure of what I'm doing and even more certain that Mr. Watson doesn't have in his mind anything of what he said, it wouldn't make sense because he was angry and disappointed of me that day, he have no personal interest in me, and why would he ? I'm just a normal Muslim girl, I have no fantasy look, there are many smarts and talented people here, I chased this idea from my head quickly.

I stood in front of Clara's desk, looking at her perfect ginger curls, it definitely fit her.

-I like your hair this way, it looks better on you, I stated.

She frowned, then looked at me for the first time since I came:

-Oh, I didn't you see when you come, sit down Rahaf.

I sit in front of her smiling, waiting to find out what she needs from me today.

-There are some paper you need to sign and take them by yourself, they may need you there to sign something.

-Okay, I responded not knowing if this is a good thing or not.

-You will go after lunch, she continued , the driver will take you.

Then she explained to me everything I needed to know, where to go and what to say, she didn't forget any detail which is probably one of the million reasons I like her and why she is the boss girl; she takes care of everything, never neglect a thing and explain in a very detailed way so no one will be confuse, once she had finished I thanked her for her help she replayed :

-If you need anything while you're there, don't hesitate to call me, okay ?

-Sure thing. I smiled at her

-All right, I will see you tomorrow then, Good luck !

-Thank you. I said , getting ready to leave, I took the file and turned to leave then her voice stopped me

-By the way, you're sure my hair looks good like this ? She asked , looking uncertain

-Yes, I like it, why are you asking ? Who said it's not ?

She sighed, then replied : Mr. Watson thinks it's too much curly, he said a bit of waves would have been fine.

I rolled my eyes not believing what I just heard, then said : It's none of his business, does he think he's a hair stylist too ? !! I like it this way and you shouldn't bother yourself with what he say or think.