Chapter 15 : A strAnge CoinCidenCe

Closed eyes that I didn't want to open , still feeling tired, I didn't have much sleep last night, feeling warm and soft, I didn't want to leave the bed yet I must. I opened my eyes hardly and looked at the white roof for a while, my thoughts were as white as this roof, an empty page; the phone alarm still didn't stop which is annoying me, I grabbed my hand out from the cover to feel the cold air on it for the first time today, I took the phone, stopped the alarm . Finally, the room is drowning in silence.

I stared back at the roof, the empty page need to be written, it can't stay like a blanket, I have to fill it and that won't happen while I'm still in bed, I pushed the cover quickly and gets up, wore my head scarf to go to the bathroom and wash.

Once I finished praying, I get dressed and made the bed, everything is back to the way it was before I arrived, I closed the door behind me and went downstairs, the smell of fresh coffee filled the air and led me straight to the kitchen where I found him.

-Good Morning, I said when I entered.

He nodded, smiling, then asked: already ready to leave?

-Yes, It's time to go to work, I don't want to be late.

-Ooow! He opened his mouth acting as he is surprised, then added with a smirk on his face: Trying to impress your boss ?

-No, not really, I am not in the business of impressing my boss, I'm just trying to do my job correctly. I smirked back.

-Hmm, I see, have a seat to take your breakfast first Missy.

I went to sit in the same place I did last night as if it's my place now, he handed me a cup of coffee

-There are cookies, pancakes and milk with cereal , what do you prefer ?

- Some cookies, please.

He gave me the cookies and went to sit in his place, he drunk his coffee fast and turned to me , staring at me, I tried to ignore that and looked ahead of me, oh Allah ! Will he just turn away? !!

To kill the bizarre silence that we were sitting in , I asked :

-This house is your design ?

-Yep, it's, how old do you think the design is ?

-Amm.... I looked around me in the living room, it looks brand new, can't be so old.

-Three years, I answered

He laughed at my answer , correct me saying : it's older than that, I did the main design when I was in high school, this house is the main reason why I became an architect, of course, when I entered college, I made a couple of changes, corrections in the main design, I worked very hard, took many mini jobs until I was finally able to have enough money to build it, it took a lot of time, effort, money but I did make it, I achieved my dream.

I looked again at the house, it is obvious that they were so much work done in it, so much care even of the slightest detail, he must be proud of it, he must love it , yet I couldn't help to ask myself who dreams to build a house and live alone in it, someone who is building a family would, it's a bit strange to build a big house just for one person, maybe it wasn't always meant for one, maybe it was for her too, or maybe he planned it for the future, thinking when he finishes it, he would have someone to share with.

-Don't you think it's a bit big for one person ? I questioned

-No, not really, I never liked living in small places.

He stopped talking, left back to the kitchen to clean up. By now, I had already finished my breakfast and was about to walk away and leave, not sure if I can help him and if it's a good idea, when he saw me leaving, he said :