Chapter 16 : Home Sweet Home

Standing in front of the metal gate, surrounded by high walls, big mansions, a tranquility, this neighbor is very quiet and elegant, not to forget that it's outside the city center, a sweet escape from the noise and the crowded life of London.

I looked for the ring bell that was hidden by leaves, I pressed the button and waited, Martha must love the quiet places ! I said to myself

-How can I help you miss ? The guardian asked

-I'm here to see Martha, she's expecting my visit.

He opened the large gate and lets me in

-What is your name Miss ? He questioned

-Miss Brini, or tell her Rahaf, she would know me like that.

-Okay, wait here.

I watched the guardian, leaving toward the house, passing by beautiful gardens, through the shrubs that formed the board of the beds, in their hearts; roses were planted with a multitude of colors, from pink, to red, oranges, violets,... In the center of the entry garden and in front of the main door , there is a fountain that held a mermaid in the center surrounded by shrub sculpted as dolphins, four of them as if they are watching over the mermaid.

I looked up to the house façade, the purity of the classic lines had a charm that can never die, the door was marked with the Fronton, the Corinthian colonies that held it, symmetrical windows, the walls are painted in pale yellow, this place looks like a palace, very majestic and classy. There is also a modern touch in the house, which means that this place has been renewed or it's not that old.

-Follow me, Miss, please, the guardian said.

I frowned, I hadn't seen him when he comes back, I was too busy contemplating the house, so his voice made me jump in my place and cut my thoughts. I nodded quickly and walked behind him in the garden path, thinking will I live in this castle ? I have never lived in such a big place, this place looks like a princess chateau, not an ordinary girl house.

He opened the front door and left, I watched the mermaid closely before I come in,laying down on the water, her hair is wet , in her hand, she holds a jar that water comes from it to go down in the fountain base.

-It's beautiful, isn't ? Martha asked

-Yep, so pretty.

-No one can enter this house without stopping by her, yet they can't stay for very long or her guardians will be angry and pissed off.

-Ooh, I opened my mouth in surprise and admiration.

-Come-on, let's go inside.

-Ahem, I nodded, then followed her.

-Is your suitcase heavy ? She asked

-No, it's fine, I kind of get used to it.

-Oh, I know the feeling, leave it here in the hall, Claire will take it to your room later.

We went to the living room, both sit on a sofa next to each other, after that, a lady come, Martha introduced her as the housekeeper, she asked us about what we drink then left.

A few minutes of silence passed, we both sit there, each on her own world, I was observing the living room, the furniture, the décor, the walls, I tried not to look much so it won't seem gruesome, but it was hard, everything in it was interesting and inviting me to look , Martha turned her gaze to me and said:

-There are a lot of things to discuss, but I'm pretty sure that you're tired and in need of rest so we will talk later ?

-No, I'm fine, I think it's better to clarify things from now. I replied.