Chapter 12 : Cross Roads

In the moment of despair, when I told myself, it's time to leave and start searching again, I heard a familiar voice, a voice that I haven't heard in a while.

-" She will take it. "

I turned quickly to see him standing behind me, our eyes met for a minute, then I turned my gaze to the receptionist , when did he come?, I haven't seen him until now, suddenly several questions were created in my mind, questions I had no answer to.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, to object to this and refuse to let him do such a thing, the receptionist asked :

"-Is dinner included ? "

"-Yes, of course, she clearly hasn't eaten a thing yet".

"-There is no need to", I object

"-OF course she will", he said to the receptionist ignoring me.

Clearly he won't change his mind, and I'm too tired and weak to fight with him so I gave up and said :

"-Then let it be in my room."

He took a big step away to leave the hotel, but before he does I called him quickly:

"-Mr. Watson, hold on please. "

He stopped when he heard my tired voice and looked at me, at that particular moment I lost all the words that I wanted to say and just stood there looking at him looking so dumb

"-I don't know what to say".

"-Don't say anything, go and have some rest and we will talk tomorrow if you want ."

I nodded, smiling, couldn't believe how he simply understood and just let me rest .

- " Thank you," I said while I was watching him leaving.

After that, I went to my bedroom followed by my suitcase, I opened the door with the keycard and entered, the room is large, elegant , I stared at it for a moment, looking around me, the bed, the wardrobe, the decoration, the wall painting, the window, the curtain , everything was just perfect, very well designed, in different circumstances, I would be very happy to stay here but not today, I went straight to the bathroom, trying to wash the pain under a quick shower, sadly that didn't help much then I made wudua and went to pray, I took after the Quran and read The Chapter (Surat ) called Yousef , before I finished I heard a knock on the door, this must be dinner, even though I'm not really hungry nor in the mood of food but I must eat something to gain my strength back.

******************

I opened my mouth to eat, trying to put the potato in it, but I had no desire of eating anything, I just let my hand fall on the table with the fork that I was holding , I can't, I can't eat , I'm weak, tired and probably in need for food but I just can't , I can't .

I stared at my plate one last time then I thought of him, of my boss, he insisted for me to have dinner, to eat, perhaps he would want me to try and take something, so I will try to eat, I took the fork again and opened my mouth hardly as if it's taking all my effort, I had managed eventually to eat a little, little is better than nothing. In other circumstances, I wouldn't want to waste it, as I know there are people wishing to eat something and can't while I'm wasting it, but that's not today, not today, I can't force myself more , it's paining me.

*********************

I remember, I remember it all

All the dreams, hopes, all the stories that I had in my head of how my life would be, all the fairy tale I created, they were all gone, very fast, they all end and I end up crashing with reality, I realized from the beginning, he is not the person I thought he's, none of my dreams turn to reality, I had no happy ending, I had nothing but misery.