Chapter 25 : And I found a fRiend in YoU

A calm silence spread through the air, behind her desk, she's sitting , a pencil in her hand, her eyes travelling from the screen of her notebook, her eyes look confused, but focused, with her fingers, she moved the pencil and wrote letters, words that I could never read or understand, not because I don't know the language but because the way she wrote them was incomprehensible to anyone but her.

Through the large windows, I could see the snow falling from the dark sky, I looked around me once again, all the desks are empty, everybody left the floor, it was only me, her and him who are still at the office, while he is in his own private desk, unseen and far from here.

I approached her desk, hearing the sound of my high heels when they hit the floor, I looked at her, still the same as if she isn't listening , as if she's not here at all.

-HELLO YOU, I spoke loudly, trying to get her attention.

She frowned in her place looking scared.

-You scared the hell of me Clara, you could have stopped my heart beats, what's wrong with you ?!

I laughed, looking at a scared Rahaf, such a rare image, you don't get to see it every day.

-Well, sorry but they were no other way to get your attention.

-Oh, sorry, I still have a lot of work undone, still late, have you been here for long ? She asked

-Not that much, come-on everyone have left except us, we should go too, tomorrow is a holiday! I exclaimed.

-You should go Clara, I want to finish some points first.

-No way, I objected, I won't leave you here alone, it's already dark, whatever what you want to finish you can finish at home.

She shook her head , still want to stay, what a stubborn girl !!

-If you don't, you will find yourself stuck alone with Allan, or that doesn't bother you anymore ? I questioned using the sensitive card to make her move.

Her eyes widened in shock, perhaps fear too.

-Of course it bothers me, give me a few minutes to get ready then we can go, she said sounding sad, defeated.

I took a chair near her, waiting for her to prepare herself, I am not a pushy person myself , well only when I need to, I can't leave her here alone, it's already dark , she passed her leaving time with two hours so I think it's enough for her, she should rest too. I myself never stay this late, it's only due to the holiday that I had stayed to manage the last work and haven't left his side until he allowed me to.

-I'm ready , lets' go. She said smiling.

I left the chair and walked with her to the elevator, we were both quiet standing waiting until I decided to change that

-You're sure it's a good idea, going with Martha? I questioned then added: I mean it's not her alone, you're traveling with.

-I already told you Clara, I don't have a lot of choices, I can't travel back home and I can't stay alone at her house , she stopped for a moment then added trying to assure me or herself : it's going to be okay .

I nodded, not wanting to add a word about this, I don't want to bother her , I know it's not easy for her, I know she has been through a lot and I don't know how she still manages to smile, anyone in her place would be broken, locked in a bedroom and crying their heart out .

The sound of elevator woke us both from our thoughts, we walked inside it, before the door gets close we heard a sound, a male voice calling us

-Hold it, please.