Chapter 23 : A Night at The TheaTer "My NAme is CoseTTE "

He was just a poor man, you could see that from his clothes, his face, he stole one bread, for his hungry sister, but was caught immediately and considered a theft for the rest of his life, even after been released from jail, nobody would give him a second chance, people looked at him as a criminal, all judgmental eyes, no one would hire him, cause to them he's theft, a sinful man and he can never be forgiven, he can never have a second chance.

I looked around me, to our world today, true that it had changed, the visual aspect changed, it's no longer the same image, the thefts today steal millions of dollars, but nobody call them thefts, they give them other titles, honorable titles, they're popular, they're loved and respected, while poor people are still starving in the streets, and if they make the slight small mistake they will be judged forever, they will earn a new title. People are still judgmental, sadly that fact hasn't changed.

I put the book in my hand inside my handbag, Martha had left the café we were sitting in an hour ago, she had some business in town, people she must meet so she left, in order to enjoy my solitude, I took The book "Les miserable" from my handbag to read, I always carry a book with me wherever I go, you never know when you need one and by coincidence, the book I'm re-reading is the one that they're playing tonight in the theater.

In the remembrance of the theater, I checked my watch to find it almost time, so I get up, paid for my coffee and left, the rain is still falling down, I walked in fast steps even though it was bit hard because of the wet path. After a few turns , I arrived at the theater, I stood outside in front of the main door waiting for everyone to come, I checked my watch, it's already 7oclock, I looked around me but saw no trace of anyone I knew, I must be the first one who arrived.

-Hi,

I raised my gaze to see the man who just spoke to me, it wasn't hard to recognize him because I already knew who he's from his voice but it was to actually look at him and answer, my eyes travelled from his dark brown coat until his blue scarf that he fold around his neck reaching his face, more particularly his dark blue eyes, they were darker than usually today, it's like the sky has reflect its color on them, I moved my eyes from his quickly and just stared at his chest, that way I didn't have to cradle my head, I must look very short standing next to him.