New family

(Part 2 to people change)

Bucks POV a few days later.

Spending time with my dad and my brother was amazing. But meeting his badass firefighters was even better. I really loved it here and so did Nila. I'm really thinking about living here. Well, I've been planning on moving out here for awhile. I mean I already packed my shit and Nila's stuff and it's coming in a few days. So yeah, I've already planned this. And dad already agreed to let us bunk with him and T.K. for the time being. It felt like a family already. Even though my heart still hurts from them. But why should it? They won't miss us. They'll probably move on the minute I don't show up for my next shift. I sighed and got ready for the day.

Time skip

I smiled as I twirled my daughter around in the firehouse. The others laughing as they heard nila squeal with laughter. "She's so adorable! She looks just like you Ev", Marjan cooed. I smiled at her. "Thanks Mar-Mar", I said winking at her playfully. She rolled her eyes at me. I chuckled. "Okay kiddos! It's done!", Paul yelled from the kitchen. And on cue my stomach growled. I chuckled and patted my stomach. "Daddy, my tummy needs food. It's saying food! Need food!", nila said in a deep voice. I chuckled. "Then come on, let's feed that tummy monster", I said picking her up and positioning as a super hero. She squealed in happiness. "I'm just like daddy!", she yelled. I could hear a few of the others Aww at what she said. I blushed. I set her down on one of the chairs. I kissed the top of her head. "Your my super hero baby", I said lovingly.

She giggled and started to pat the table in excitement. This girl loves her food. Any day, any time. Nothing can stop her from eating. It's like an endless pit at the bottom of her stomach. I shook my head and smiled. This was our new family. As
Much as I miss and feel hurt from the last one, I know this one won't hurt us. It feels like a new start. I just smiled at them and started to eat the heavenly tasting chili that Paul made for us.

Time skip

Once they were done, they had to go to work. So I took Nila sight seeing throughout the area. It was nice to see the smile on her face as she saw all the things she's never seen before. Even though it tugs on my heart when I see that smile of his own her lips. It just makes me love him more. He helped make her. And I couldn't hate him for that. He helped me make the love of my life. My daughter. And I could never take anything back.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look!", she yelled as she pointed at some random landmark. I chuckled and walked over to go check it out. She was a lot like me when I was younger. I always loved looking at these types of things. I threw a arm around her shoulders and just looked at the beauty of Texas. It was a beautiful sight that I will never get used to. This was home. My home. And I loved it.

I turned to look down at my daughter. "How about we go get some ice cream and then we can go see the animals at the zoo?", I asked her. Her eyes lit up when she heard ice cream and zoo in the same sentence. "Yay! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!", she chirped happily and loudly. I chuckled and bent down to kiss her forehead. "Let's go then, we have so much to do sweetie", I said grabbing her hand. She giggled and skipped around as we made our way to the ice cream parlor. As much as I love being home. There will always be a large gapping hole in my heart. No matter how long it takes. It will always stay there.

Third person POV

The fire team had no idea what to do. What were they supposed to do? One of their own had died. And he died thinking they hated him. How could they? Why didn't they see his side? When he wanted them to. They never listened to his explanation. They didn't even give him the time of day and now he's gone. Gone. They don't even have a recognizable body to bury. But they do know he and his daughter was on that plane. A man and his child were sitting next to each other. It was kinda odd that there were only one parent and one child on that plane. No other kid, no other parent. And yet. They're hearts broke at what they were told. They died holding on to each other. The father using his body to shield hers. Buck, the hero. And he died a hero.

Maddie knew she would have to tell her father and her littlest brother. She didn't want to do it over the phone. She knew it would break their fathers heart if she did. She only hoped that he hadn't watched the news lately. Or else she would have gotten a phone call. She knew she would have to go out there and tell them herself. But she didn't want to go alone. She didn't want to bury her only niece and her baby brother in the ground alone. She wanted her friends to be there with her. And she also knew she would have to tell him, Eddie, about his daughter. The one he never to meet. It pained her to think about having to tell him. But it has to be done. He deserves to know that he had a daughter. A beautiful and sweet daughter. She loved her little niece more then anything and just thinking about her, breaks her heart. It brought tears to her eyes as she thought about the funeral arrangements.

She only hoped that they aren't in pain, and that their happy now. Because that's what they deserved.