Eddie!

Buck's POV

It was a split second. Just a split second. Eddie was just talking to me. It felt like any other day. Us being the heroes we are and rescuing the injured. God. His face was all I could think about. His stupid handsome face that I fell in love with. I should have told him before it was too late. But now, now he's with Ana and I can't ruin that for him. I can't. Even Christopher loves her. He deserves to be happy. The both of them do. I can't take that from them. Not after losing Sharon. I wanted them to be happy. Maybe even if it meant without me. The thought of it made my Heart hurt inside of my chest.

'I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met'

But it didn't hurt as much as seeing his face as he got shot. It was like slow motion. First he was staring at me with those eyes I love so much. And then suddenly they widened in fear and pain. And I swear, my heart had stopped for that whole split second. I watched in shock as he just stood there, making eye contact with me the whole time. My own eyes widening as I finally realized what had happened. No!

Eddie!

I didn't even hear myself screaming. I didn't even feel my own body rushing over to his. Not until my own body was hovering over his own. I ignored the copper taste in my mouth. The blood of the man I loved. It sent a shiver down my back. I gulped down the bile that was in my mouth. I stopped the tears that were welling up in my eyes. I couldn't cry, I couldn't throw up, I had to help him. I can't let him die. Not like this. I can't, I can't lose another person. Please. Eddie. Don't leave me. Please. I need you. Even if we are just friends. I still fucking need you. I can't lose you now. Not when you don't know how I feel about you. God. When did things get so complicated?

'And then I can tell myself
What the hell I'm supposed to do
And then I can tell myself
Not to ride along with you'

I gripped him tightly. I shook him harshly. "Eddie! Eddie! Wake up! You got to wake up! Please! You need to wake up", I begged him. I didn't care that I had tears now rushing down my cheeks. I didn't care at all. The only thing I cared about was the man that was dying in my arms. I sobbed as his eyes opened. Staring into my own. It felt like he was staring into my own very soul. "I love you", I whispered to him. I had to say it, or else he would have never known that I was in love with him. If he does end up dying. I want him to at least know I loved him. Not for me. But for him. I wanted him to know he was loved and he will forever be loved. He smiled up at me softly. He raised a shaky hand and cupped my cheek weakly. "I know. I love you too", he whispered softly. Then his hand fell from my cheek. Falling, but never meeting the ground. Oh my god. I think my heart just broke then and there. This asshole tells me now when he's dying that he loves me. He loved me and he didn't tell me before. But when he was dying. That jerk.

I grabbed his hand into my own hand. Squeezing as hard as I could.

And then it hit me.

Hard.

It felt as if I was hit with a brick wall.

I felt a force hit me like a wave. Like the tsunami. But this one hurt even worse. It felt like a cold numbing pain hit me right in the chest. I gasped as I tasted the taste of copper in my mouth again. But this time I knew it was my own. I nearly choked on my own blood. I didn't break eye contact with Eddie. I knew where it had hit me. And I couldn't keep myself up anymore. I fell onto my back. The concrete felt cold against my body. I tilted my head to the side to make eye contact with Eddie again. But his eyes were already closed.

'I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met'

I looked up at the sky. What a beautiful day this was. Beautiful blue sky. No clouds in the sky. I smiled sadly. I could feel the blood pooling around me. I felt so cold now. So so cold. I felt numb. I felt like I was drowning. Drowning in my own blood. My vision was getting hazier and hazier.

"Buckley! Diaz!", I heard someone yell our names. But it sounded so far away. So so far away. I couldn't hear who's voice it was. But it sounded so soothing. I smiled at the thought. I always thought Eddie's voice soothed me. It always had. In the good and the bad times. Just as long as he was there with me. But now? I don't think I can do this. Not without him.

'When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met'

I didn't even flinch when someone had yanked on my arm. And seeing as I was still holding onto Eddie's hand, he was pulled along with me. I turned my head slightly. It was Captain Mehta.

"Captain?", I mumbled. My mouth filling with blood. I was blacking in and out. I knew I wasn't going to make it that long. "You got to stay awake. Come on Buckley. You got to stay awake. You know the drill", he told me. But it sounded like he was whispering in my ear. "Sorry. Can't. Eddie gone now. Can't stay", I mumbled as I spit the blood out of my mouth. I could feel it rolling down my cheek. I ignored whatever Mehta had to say. I looked back at Eddie. Our hands still intertwined. I smiled weakly. At least I get that.

Even in death.

I love you.

'I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Take me back to the night we met'

I think I've always loved you.

And I always will.

Even in death.

There is a part 2 to this, don't worry.