Mending a broken heart

(Part 2 to a heart that is broken)

Bucks POV hours later

I woke up to the sound of a loud beeping in my ears. Would you look at that, couldn't even kill myself right. I sighed sadly. And when I open my eyes, I'm going to be alone again. Things just never go my way. I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want to. I didn't want to see the real world where no cares. I let out a small sob. But then all of a sudden I felt a hand in mine. Tightly gripping mine. "Your not alone buck. I'm right here, I'm right here baby. Right here", I heard his voice. But it couldn't be. It couldn't be Eddie. I slowly cracked my eyes open. It was blurry and blotchy. But I saw someone's blurry figure in the chair. My sight slowly coming to me. I then saw his face. Eddie. His eyes had black bags under his eyes. His eyes were red and blotchy. And I felt guilty because it might because of me. I saw Eddie bring my knuckles to his lips. "Don't even think about asking if I'm okay. I deserve at what I look. It's the least of things I deserve", he whispered against my knuckles.

"Y-Your really here?", I mumbled due to me still being woozy. He smiled at me sadly. "I'm right here baby, I'm not going anywhere", he whispered to me. I flinched when he called me baby. "Eddie.....you........you don't need to be here out of....", he cut me off. He gripped my hand in both of his. He got down from his chair and bent down on his knees. He had a stern look on his face. "I am not here because I'm guilty. I'm here because I've been an asshole friend and a piece of shit boyfriend. And you didn't deserve that. You didn't deserve anything that you got from any of us. We should have seen your side of it. Your not exhausting baby, your a amazing man. And I don't deserve you", he said as tears rolled down his cheeks. I sighed through the pain. I pressed on the button that would give me more morphine. I slowly took my hand from his and wiped his tears. "I still love you", I whispered to him. His eyes filled with tears. He got up and bent down and placed a soft kiss to my forehead. I closed my eyes at the feeling of his lips on my skin once again. He slowly pulled back and placed his forehead on top of mine. "I still love you too baby. I always have, I've been a real idiot", he whispered to me. I chuckled, but soon regretted it, because I felt pain in my chest.

After my coughing fit. I looked up at him again. "Come lay with me", I whispered to him. He looked hesitant. "Please", I whispered. He sighed and gave me a smile. "Okay", he whispered. He lowered the arm of the bed and watched out for my wires. He laid snuggly at my side. He wrapped his arm around me and softly caressed my hair. I laid my head against his chest. I sighed at the scent of his cologne. It smelled familiar. It gave me some piece of mind. His other hand that wasn't in my hair, slowly made little circles on my back. "You'll never have to be alone again. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere", he whispered to me. I sniffled. "You promise?", I whispered to him. He chuckled and kissed the side of my face. "I swear", he whispered. I sighed. Knowing that I was back in his arms. My eyes dropping slowly due to the morphine. "Get some sleep. I'll be right here. I'm not going anywhere, I promise", he whispered to me. I slowly nodded and closed my eyes. I slowly fell into a dream like state.

Eddie's POV

I looked down and saw that he had fallen asleep. I smiled sadly. I caressed his cheek with my thumb. "I love you and I promise I will never leave your side until I take my last breath. You are mine Evan Buckley and I will never let you go again. I made one terrible mistake and I'm never going to make it again. Your stuck with me baby", I whispered to him. I knew I was most likely talking to myself. But I was making my own self a promise. I was going to stay by this mans side till the day I die. I have so much to give him. He's done so much for me. But I'm doing this out of love. I love this man more then anything in this world and I'm a lucky son of a bitch that I'm his.

I smiled and kissed his forehead again. "Never again baby. Never again. I love you so much", I whispered to him. I laid his head on my chest. Letting him know I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere ever again. No matter how many fights we get in. I'm by his side forever now. And I'm never letting go again. Because the first time I did, I nearly lost him. And I won't lose him again. I won't. I can't. So I won't. I won't lose him again. I'm by his side no matter what happens. I've got his back and I know he'll always have mine. He's my partner and I'm his.

And I'm going to mend that broken heart. I know it'll take some time. But all we have is time. With each other, side by side. Forever.