Presumed Dead

Third person POV
They were on a shift when they got the call. They didn't expect the call. Never in a million years would they expect this call. But when they did they're hearts basically skipped a beat. They all froze. The call was never one they have ever been to. They were always used to people they didn't know. Not one of they're own. Not buck.

Once they got to the call, they saw a familiar Jeep. It was so mangled. They knew no one could survive that. And as mad as Eddie could have been about the lawsuit, he may have not been talking to him. But that didn't mean he wanted his best friend dead. He didn't want the love of his life dead. He ran out of the fire truck, and literally ran to the mangled car. "Buck! No! You better not fucking die on me! Buck! Buck! Please! Buck!", he screamed. He tried getting to his best friend. He couldn't go home to his son and tell his son that the man that he saw as another father, that he was dead. He didn't even notice the tears streaming down his cheeks. But as he tried to get to buck, he couldn't. The metal was so mangled. He dropped to his knees. He started to sob. "Buck, no, no, no, please don't leave me, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for all the shit I did to you, just please please don't leave me, please, buck", he sobbed and cried. Bobby who was trying to be professional, but was having a hard time to. He had the jaws of life. "Eddie move", he said, his voice cracking. It took a few moments before Eddie was able to move. Bobby used the jaws of life, he opened the mangled metal. Eddie gasped at what he saw. He sobbed and sobbed. Bucks head was leaning against the steering wheel, his whole face was bloody, you could almost literally see his cheekbone. His arm was almost mangled. His legs were definitely broken. They didn't know the rest of the injuries until they got him out. Eddie didn't hesitate and ran over to the car and cut the seat belt. He gently pulled back out of the car. He held buck bridal style. He looked down at the love of his life. "You better not go buck, I'm not ready to lose you, you better not, or I'm going to kick your ass", he said as more tears rolled down his cheeks.

He ran over to the ambulance, where chim and hen were waiting for them. He put him down slowly on the gurney. Chim and hen soon started to work on buck. Eddie got in with them and closed the doors as soon as the ambulance started. Chim and hen started on his injuries, there was a heart meter going. But it was barely beating. You could barely hear it. "Come on buckaroo, your not leaving us", Chim said. But after he said that the heart meter no longer had a heart beating. Eddie went to try and revive him. But hen kept him back. Tears streaming down his cheeks. He struggled in hens arms. His eyes wide with fear and tears.

"BUCK!", he screamed his name. He couldn't lose him. It would never be the same. Never again. He couldn't live without buck in his life. "BUCK!", he screamed again. He watched as Chim was pressing his hands to bucks chest to revive him. Eddie couldn't see it, but Chim had tears welling up in his eyes. He couldn't lose him, he couldn't lose another brother. Not buck, he couldn't. He wasn't. "Come on buck! God damn it buck! You come back to us! You hear me! You come back to us! Damn it buck! Come on!", Chim yelled at the man he was trying to revive. This save was more personal then anything. And he wasn't going to lose this one. But when bucks heart wouldn't start, he grabbed the paddles. "CLEAR!", he yelled. He shocked buck. But still nothing. Chim grit his teeth. "Come on!", he yelled. "CLEAR!", he yelled. He shocked buck again. But again.

Nothing.

The tears started to fall.

"CLEAR! Come on buck! You can't go out like this! You can't!", he yelled in his face. His lips were starting to turn blue. But he wouldn't give up. "CLEAR!", he yelled. But still nothing. Someone grabbed the paddles from him, he noticed it was hen. She was crying, tears streaming down her cheeks. He started to cry as well. He looked at Eddie, he looked so devastated. He got up. "No don't stop! Come on! We can bring him back! Bring him back!", he yelled. He went to grab for the paddles. But hen stopped him. "He's gone Eddie, I'm sorry but he's gone, it won't bring him back", she said. Which just made him sob and clasp to his knees. He cried and sobbed for the man he loved.