Miracle

(Sequel to buck!)

Third person POV

Hen didn't know what to do. She didn't know what was happening. There wasn't any injuries, none that were visible. The only thing she could do was keep him from dying. Keep his heart beating, even if it was a slow one. It was still beating. She noticed the lack of hair on top of his hair and she only hoped it wasn't what she thought it was or she was going to lose her friend and she didn't want that. Never in a million years did she want that. She gulped and Made sure he was comfortable. She rubbed her knuckles up and down his chest. She noticed how skinny he was. Deadly skinny. She didn't even notice the tears that rolled down her cheeks until one fell and hit bucks chest. She sniffled and made sure he was on his morphine drip. "Your going to be okay, your okay to be okay. Your going to beat this, just like you always do. You always do buck. You always do", she muttered to him. But was it for her more then it was for him? Was she reassuring herself?

She sighed and caressed his hair. "Please buckaroo, please stay with us. We still need you. It may have not looked like it before, but we still need you, we love you buck, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to show you how much you were needed and loved, and I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me, makes me a terrible friend, and I don't deserve you", she whispered to him as more tears rolled down her cheeks. She sniffled. She looked down at his hand when she felt him squeeze her hand. She looked back at his face.

"That's it buck, keep on fighting. Your a fighter. We both know that, just got to keep on fighting. Just for a little longer. Please, I need you, I love you and I can't see my life without you in it", she said as she sobbed. She sobbed again when he squeezed her hand three times. He always said that meant he loved someone. When there wasn't need for words, there was that. She sobbed again and again. He loved her even though she wasn't there when he needed her.

He loved with all his heart, he really was like a golden retriever. And they didn't realize that when he loves with all that he has, he makes himself unprotected from heart break. And they did, they broke his heart. He loved them through anything and everything, and they........they couldn't even look past something so stupid and see that they were breaking the man that loved them so much just to get back to them.

To his family.

She sobbed again. Her whole body shaking with sobs. "I'm so sorry buck. I'm so sorry I didn't see that we were breaking you, you loved us so much, and through everything and anything we've gone through. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't see. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry", she said as she rested her head on his chest. She could hear the constant thump of his heart beat. But it started to get louder from the machine. She leaned up and looked at the machine. It was getting stronger. She sniffled for what seemed like the hundredth time. She pressed two fingers to his pulse point and felt a steady pulse. She smiled through her tears. Her buck was a fighter. A damn good one at that. No matter what hit him, he still gets up and fights.

"Your not alone buck. Your not alone, I'm right here. I'm staying right here and I'm not going anywhere, not for a second. I promise", she whispered.

She didn't even realize that they had gotten to the hospital, until the doors were opened. She got up and was ready to get him into that hospital. She jumped out of the ambulance and pulled him out of it. She caressed his hair one last time. "I love you buck. Fight, fight as hard as you can, cause you have a family that loves you, we're all here for you", she whispered to him. And that was the last thing she said to him before they took him away from her.

"He's crashing!", one of the doctors yelled as they wheeled him in. Hens eyes widened. She tried to rush into the hospital. She had to do something, she could do something. She had to. She can't lose him! She can't lose buck! Not buck! But she felt arms wrap around her shoulders and kept her from going in after him. She sobbed and fought as hard as she could to get into that hospital. She had to do something. She sobbed as she fell defeated in Bobby's arms. "It can't be true! It can't be! He had a heart beat. It was strong! His heart beat was strong!", she sobbed loudly. She could feel Bobby hug her tightly. He could feel his own tears well up in his eyes. A few fell from his eyes.

Then they both heard another sob come from someone else. They turned their heads and saw Eddie sobbing. They've never really seen Eddie cry before. It was a first for them. They both knew how much he loved buck and not just because they were best friends. Because the man loved buck with all his heart and he might lose the man he loves. They all knew he regretted the way he was with buck. They all were, if they could, they would take it all back. Only if they could.

Eddie felt his whole world just freeze, the minute he heard the doctors say he was crashing. Meaning that his heart had stopped. His buck. The love of his life. Dying. And he felt so guilty for the way he was. If only he had seen past the anger and pain and saw how much pain his buck was in. Maybe they wouldn't be in this situation. He sniffled and sobbed. He couldn't lose him. He couldn't lose another person. Not another Person that he loved. He couldn't go to another funeral. He couldn't bury another person that he loved.

He can't. He can't lose buck or else he'll lose him self.

He found himself when he moved here, with buck, he found himself being someone better then he was in El Paso. He liked the person he was here. He couldn't lose the one person he loved. He couldn't lose his best friend. He couldn't lose buck.

They needed a miracle.

They needed a big miracle.