Fear and truth

Third person POV

If Buck wasn't more scared before, well he's definitely more scared then ever right now. He was scared of getting news that would change his entire life. He played with his fingers nervously. He didn't tell anyone, not even Maddie. He couldn't tell his team. They were all so mad at him still. They didn't even talk to him. Only gave him orders. Okay maybe chim and hen talked to him. But it wasn't the same. They didn't really talk to him. Not since he blabbed they're personal information to the stupid lawyer. But he did all that just to get his team back! He wanted his family back! That's all he wanted!

He didn't want no god damn money. He wanted his family back. So he dropped the lawsuit and went back to work. He thought the others would understand. But they didn't. Eddie didn't. The man was his best friend, the man he was...........falling for. And he didn't understand. He hasn't seen Christopher in months. He missed the little boy more then anything. But mostly. He missed his team, his family. But now he just feels like their maid. He hasn't gone with them in ages, not even outside of work. He would see the outings they would have on Facebook and it hurt him a lot. Knowing he wasn't part of that family anymore. He did what he had to get his family back, but what he did cost him his family. If he knew this would have happened, he would have never done it.

He lost his whole family. The only person he has is Maddie. But he couldn't go to her when chimney and her were dating. That would be too awkward. He lost his best friend/the love of his life, he lost hen, and he lost the only father figure he had. So now what? Who was he supposed to go to now? That's right no one. He only had himself. And he was terrified of the outcome. Was he really going to die of blood cancer? Leukemia? Like his blood hasn't already done enough in his life.

First the truck falls on top of his leg, then the blood clots, and now this. What else could go wrong? Oh yeah dying. He scuffed bitterly. 'And the only one who would care is Maddie, how great is that?' He thought to himself. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He only went to the doctor because he had a big ass bruise on his back. Dumbass at the fire station thought it would be funny to throw a freaking urinal cake at his back. Fucking asshole. But now it wasn't going away even when he iced it as much as he could. So he went to his doctor, since he was still on his blood thinners, he thought it was normal. But his doctor sent him here. The oncologist.

So yeah his heart was pounding hard against his chest. His blood ringing in his ears. His palms sweaty. His whole body was cold. In fear. He didn't know the news. If he had cancer or not. He gave them a sample of blood a couple of weeks ago and now he's sitting here waiting for the results. Alone. Scared and terrified. He honestly didn't know if he would pass out or not when he did get the results.

He snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened. The doctor walked in. He gulped. "So how am I doc? Healthy as a horse?", he asked cracking a joke. But inside, oh inside he was so scared. And by the looks of the doctor, it wasn't good. The doctor sighed. "It doesn't look good Mr. Buckley, we tested your blood sample many times and it's not good, you have leukemia, I'm sorry, we can start on chemo as soon as possible, it's a good thing we caught it so soon", he said.
He swore his heart stopped for a second. His breathing stopped. His eyes wide. He looked like he was going to throw up. The doctor grabbed the bin, and he indeed threw up. He threw up for a few minutes until there was nothing to come out. His heart was racing so fast. His blood hammering against his ear drums. He set down the bin on the floor. "I'm sorry, I have to get to work", he said as he stumbled out of the room. He wiped his mouth.

He walked out of the office. Walking down a hallway and out to the waiting room. What he didn't catch were dark brown eyes looking at him.