Angel in disguise

Bucks POV

You know I think I've never done anything good in my life. Yeah I know I'm a firefighter and all, I save people right? But have I really saved anyone? Truly? I mean the people we do save, they don't really know us. Once they go through those doors we never see them again. So what's the point? I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I admit, the lawsuit was the worse thing I've ever done in my life. I mean I thought it was to get my life back, to my family, to everyone. But I was wrong. The only thing I got was silence and insults. That wasn't a family. Why did I turn down that money? I turned it down thinking I could go back to my family. But I guess Bobby was right. We aren't a family.

I sighed and continued my walk around the park. It was a nice day. I got to admit. It was a really nice day. I looked at the park. I saw kids and adults talking and having parties. I smiled sadly. It must be nice to have a family that cares about you. I shivered thinking I missed having that, even though it wasn't real. I got a close look. I saw some familiar people. Bobby, hen, Athena, chimney and even my sister. I sighed and just shook my head. I don't want to disturb they're fun. They look like they're happy, happier then they've ever been. Without me. I guess I was the one that was always meant to be left out. The one with no family.

I sighed once more and continued my walk. But that was until I heard a scream. A familiar scream. I turned my head and looked around to see where the scream came from. I then saw him. A man in all black was carrying away a little boy. And not just any little boy. It was Christopher. My favorite little Diaz. The man thought he could kidnap Christopher. Oh he has another thing coming. Without a thought I started to run. I ran as fast as I could. Faster then I've ever ran. Chris saw me over the mans shoulder. "Bucky!", he yelled my name. I'm coming Chris. I'm coming! I ran harder and faster. Until I was right behind the man. I growled under my breath and attacked the man. He fell to the ground. I grabbed Chris before he could hit the floor. I breathed harshly. Sucking in as much air that I could. I looked him over for injuries. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?", I asked him. I looked for any scratches. He just smiled at me. "You saved me again bucky, your a angel in disguise", he whispered. I smiled at him. "I don't know about that buddy, but you know I'll always be here to save you", I said smiling at him. He laughed. "You'll always be my hero bucky", he said to me. And that warmed my heart. I knew after today I wouldn't see him. So I brought him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me. "I missed you bucky", he whispered into my ear. I smiled through my tears. "I missed you too Superman", I said softly. I opened my eyes and looked over Christopher's shoulder. My eyes widened when I saw the man from before getting up and taking out a gun.

It was like slow motion. I turned us around. So if he pressed the trigger it would hit me and not Chris. I heard the sound of a gun shot. I felt the impact of the bullet go through my back. I felt the pain but sucked it up for Chris. I could taste the awful taste of blood. I knew since it was short range that it must have done some damage. I heard the sound of a grunt from behind us and I knew someone had gotten the guy. Thank god. "Bucky, why is your shirt wet?", Chris asked me. I pulled away from the hug and saw that my shirt was wet. But with blood. I looked him over and saw that my blood was on him. I looked him over in fear that the bullet had went through me and hit him. But I didn't find any wounds coming from him. I sighed in relief. "Christopher!", I heard Eddie yell his sons name. As soon as I had him, he was taken from me. "Oh my god you have blood on you, are you hurt? (He asked Chris) What were you thinking?! Why are you here?!", Eddie yelled at me. But I couldn't think straight. I was getting weak from the blood loss. "Daddy! Stop yelling at Bucky, it's not my blood, it's buckys, he saved me from the bad man, the bad man hurt bucky", Christopher said defending me. I could taste more blood in my mouth. I spit some out and it dribbled onto the ground. And with me being too weak. I fell to my knees. "Buck!", I heard someone yell my name. But I couldn't piece together who it was. I fell to the ground. The ground hurt, but it didn't hurt as much as the bullet did. I felt hands on me. "Buck, can you hear me?", I heard the same voice ask me. But I didn't have it in me to talk. It hurt to much. "He's unresponsive, lets see if the bullet went through", I heard the voice say. I was moved and I groaned in pain. Why did I deserve this? I deserve this don't I? For everything I've done in my life. I deserve the pain. I was too weak to keep my eyes open. I closed my eyes slowly. The pain was slowly numbing away. Thank god.