Chapter 36

To celebrate this book hitting 20k reads, I have decided to come out of hiatus for a minute and release another chapter. Thank you all so much 🖤

Also, The Show was phenomenal and well worth the money! What were some of your favourite stages?
______________________________

These days the mood around is quieter than usual. Fatigue has hit the crew and the members, even high spirited Lisa who makes everyone laugh. Over a month of touring has finished with only a couple of weeks left to go. You're happy because this means that you and Chaeyoung will soon be free to spend more time together. At the same time, however, sad because she'll be flying back to South Korea and it'll be a while before you can see her again. That's probably going to hurt. The thought of not being able to see her everyday saddens you. However, just being with Chaeyoung is a privilege in itself, so you know you can't be picky with the situation.

Today, the tour is in Atlanta, Georgia. One of the biggest music capitals of America, known for its booming hip-hop and R&B scene. In addition to this, Atlanta is also famous for its other genres including indie-rock, gospel, neo-soul, punk, metal, and live music. In the early 20th century, Atlanta was the major centre for country, classical/opera, and blues music. Many well-known modern artists have originated from here such as Ludacris, John Mayer, Usher, 6LACK, Ciara, Donald Glover, TLC, B.o.B, Migos, Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Lil Nas X, and the list goes on. Even Eric Nam, a Korean singer/songwriter/host was born and raised in Atlanta before jump-starting his career in South Korea. So naturally, the tour will stay here for a couple of days in the music capital before moving on.

Expanding the image of a music group in a city like Atlanta is vital as there are many true lovers of music there. You think about this as you sit in the waiting room outside the booth of yet another radio interview. "You're listening to Atlanta's Power 96.1. Atlanta's #1 Hit Music Station!" The female host's voice projects through the speakers of Sam's phone since he pulled it up for everyone to listen. "I'm here with the record-breaking, world-famous, talented, beautiful, totally badass, Kpop sensation — Blackpink! How y'all feelin' today ladies?" The girls' laughter can be heard in the background. When you glance up to watch through the window, you see them shifting in their chairs and adjusting their headsets. Chaeyoung's smile brightens when you catch her eye and you immediately return it. She then returns her gaze to the host as they begin a conversation.

Chaeyoung looks so pretty today. She wears a light gray wool sweater with the sleeves hiding most of her hands, and dark ripped jeans. Her long hair is pulled back into a cute high ponytail. Chaeyoung said she didn't put much effort into her appearance since the interview would be voice-only, but you would definitely say otherwise. If anything, she gets even more beautiful when she's not trying.

As the radio host talks about the tour with the girls, another awkward sensation arrives from the feeling of Sam's gaze. The air's been tense between you since Newark when you both fought and later on when he, oddly enough, pretended to be your boyfriend. Thus resulting in a drunk and very much jealous Alina pounding on your hotel door in the middle of the night while Chaeyoung was also present. It was a mess that you just narrowly escaped. You weren't keen on repeating such an ordeal — Alina's eyes staring daggers in the back of your head every time you went near Sam didn't help either, so naturally, your distance was kept. However, now it's been going on for longer than you'd like. You miss your best friend.

You glance up to meet Sam's eyes, but they flick away to avoid being caught. It doesn't matter since you already felt them. Thoughts circulate in your head of topics to talk about, but nothing comes to mind. Finally, you settle for the new watch on his wrist.