Chapter 62

Unsurprisingly, meeting Lisa and Jisoo again was awkward to say the least. Even Jennie couldn't diffuse the tension despite her best efforts. Sitting and sweating like a nervous wreck in front of them, you feel sorry in different ways.

During the tour, Jisoo was initially hesitant about your relationship with Rosie for obvious reasons. She put up a front with Rosie and teased her about her crush, but you could feel Jisoo's protective gaze watching your every move as the tour went on. Her questions and jokes always had a double meaning that particularly applied to you, and there was just this expectation you felt that you needed to be on her good side. Being the oldest of the group, it's only natural that Jisoo felt a responsibility to look out for her members by protecting them. You respected that. From then on out, she became someone who actively supported the relationship and nothing felt better than to gain her approval. Of course, that approval was short-lived after the breakup.

Lisa's approach was different. She accepted you almost right away with a warm, open, embrace — quite literally — because you remember the first concert when you helped after the mishap during her solo stage and stayed with her so she could practice all night. You shared a hug in front of everyone after the concert was over, and when you stayed with her that night, she opened up and talked with you for hours. You'll never forget that. Lisa's kindness made you feel comfortable and, if anything, was one of the main factors that helped push you into a relationship with Rosie.

One member made you feel comfortable and supported enough to start a relationship with Rosie while the other pushed you to become a better partner so you could stay in that relationship. Looking at all of them now, you can see the crucial role each girl played. If your hopeful guess is right, Jennie will be the one to help you and Rosie get back together.

At the moment, however, that sounds like a big IF. Certainly a large one as you glance across the YG café now and see Rosie walking alongside Ken. They pause and face each other, seeming to be deep in a serious conversation.

"They look awfully close in public, don't you think?" You remark with a tone of annoyance. Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo all turn to where you're looking.

Jennie places down her phone. "You'll have to get used to that," she replies.

"They've been acting too obvious for days. Aren't they worried that people here will talk?"

"Last I checked — that's not your place to worry," Jisoo says. You glance uneasily at her, and a wave of guilt colours your cheeks.

"Unnie..." Jennie warns.

Jisoo raises her eyebrows. "What?"

"We talked about this. That's not helping anyone. Anyways,' Jennie turns to her side to meet your gaze. 'You'll have to get used to seeing them at the company together. They signed some papers recently, including an NDA."

You blink and stare. "Does that mean the public will know about them?"

"Not yet. Only those of us who are trusted and our management. As for the company itself, Rosie and Ken officially notified them."

"I thought the company banned that when you guys were trainees and still doesn't want it happening."

Lisa coughs on her salad, then begins chuckling. "Sorry...' she says after a sip of her water bottle. 'But that's what they want you to believe. I thought you were smarter than that, Y/N."

Jennie rolls her eyes. "Once again... not helping, Lisa."

Lisa raises her hands with palms facing forward. "Alright - alright... truthfully, the company cannot tell us who we can and can't love. They can't force their senior artists to hide relationships either. It's just that they don't want us to keep it a secret from them. When we do tell them, our partners are brought in to sign legal documents with the company, work out the details about how the relationship will be handled with the public, whether the partner will require protection — that sort of thing."