Chapter 58

Your thoughts on Pink Venom?
_______________________________

You look at Rosie expectantly, feeling your cheeks heat up at the audacity you had to say what you just did. It's a shocking statement. Nearly offensive given the circumstances... but it's honest too. That's the only thing you want to be from here on out. Truthful with everyone including yourself.

Rosie slowly reels back and you see that her face is expressionless. She meets your eyes after a moment and studies them. It seems she's more in disbelief than anything else.

"I-I...,' she shakes her head and a frown crosses her mouth. 'I don't even know what to say to that."

"You don't have to say anything right now, really. I just — I have to be honest with you about how I feel."

"What about how I feel, Y/N? Did you even consider my feelings at all?" Rosie asks, her tone growing direct.

"Of course I did,' you reply. 'I mean, wouldn't you want this too? To make things right between us again?"

"Make things right..." Rosie mutters, then abruptly stands up. The chair beneath her scratches the floor as it is pushed back. She places the seat back in its original position.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"We can't do this here,' she leans forward and lowers her voice. 'Not at my fucking job."

Rosie picks up her handbag and marches out of the cafeteria, not even bothering to check over her shoulder to see if you're coming too. Stunned for a moment, you watch her, then grab both your phone and coat and follow her out of the place.

By the time you manage to catch up with Rosie again, she's outside by the main entrance holding her phone, standing faced perpendicular to your position. As you hastily put on your coat, you call her name but she brings up a forefinger which effectively shuts you up.

"Yeah,' Rosie talks in Korean with the person on the phone. 'Are you on your way?... okay, I'll see you then. Bye." She hangs up.

After a beat, you speak up. "Who was that?"

"My manager," Rosie states like it's the most obvious thing in the world. You stare at her.

"Rosie..."

She faces you. "What?"

"Can't you just hear me out, please? I know you're mad and you have every right to be—"

"Y/N, I'm not just mad. I'm fucking furious. What were you thinking? That you could just come in here, after all this time, hoping to sweep me off my feet with your empty words and gestures? I would have understood if we started as friends from tonight, if we could start somewhere simple at least. But you go ahead and say all of that. Just to upset me in public!"

You raise your hands in defeat. "No - no - no! Look, I'm sorry. I had no intention of upsetting you. I just wanted to tell you the truth... okay? If I don't tell you what you mean to me starting tonight, I'm going to regret it."

"But why now, huh? Why'd you make me wait for so long? So much time has passed that I'm not even sure who you are anymore."

"You're telling me we didn't pick up right where we left off? It wasn't even five minutes ago that I had you laughing."