Chapter 12

Okay y'all hear me out,
Miss Kim Jisoo as a blonde.
Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.
___________________________

(Jisoo's POV)

     "What were you and Y/N talking about?" I ask Chaeyoung. I'm teasing her with my tone, but I'm also generally curious. I can see her blush as her face falls to the floor. We're walking around backstage. It's almost time for the rehearsal to start.

     "Nothing much really, we were interrupted after a little while. She asked me how I found the arena and the stage. We then talked about her first concert and others that she's been to. I love her music tastes." She answers, there's a shy smile as she speaks.

     "Weren't you showing her something on your phone?" I ask.

     "Yeah... one of the artists that she likes is Daniel Caesar. I told her about Jennie's cover performance last year of his song." Chae explains.

     "Oh right! It was Best Part, no?" I exclaim.

     "Yep, Y/N loved it. It was so cute the way she praised her. How she said that Jennie unnie has a sweet voice. She even clapped at the end of the video. You know what was even cuter? Y/N fell in love with our music after just hearing it recently, she said it always puts her in a good mood." Chaeyoung's voice is full of enthusiasm and excitement. I love to see this side of her.

     "So, something tells me that you like her." I slowly say, she giggles and rolls her eyes.

     "I-I'm not sure yet. It's much too soon right now. I just want us to become closer." She furrows her eyebrows and I can sense her worrying thoughts already. This isn't the first time that my Chaeyoung has started to fall for someone, but there's also always the chance that she can get her heart broken again. The idea makes me intensely protective over her, even if Y/N is a likeable person.

     Truth be told, none of us in Blackpink have ever truly fallen in love. Definitely not enough to stay committed and become public with it. Jennie's situation with Kai is different, honestly I'm not too sure about it myself. I know that they grew to love each other, but after all the media coverage, the nights she burst into tears in my arms as we all talked, and the nights I could hear her crying from my room; Jennie somehow found a peace within herself to heal with. Heartbreak stemmed from love changes a person, matures them, and makes them grow. I could see it in Jennie.

     Dating in our teens had to be hidden, otherwise we risk our careers. Most trainees still did it anyway. Sneakily sending each other text messages and pictures, meeting up in private to be on secret dates. There was a trainee we knew once that was also part of YG Entertainment, she tried to date someone secretly. But she didn't hide it well enough and soon was caught. The rules were clear for everyone, no exceptions. She had been kicked out; a whole career just thrown away in the blink of an eye. This only made me and the girls more careful not to break the dating rule. We chose to focus on ourselves and our hopeful future for a debut. We worked way too hard for our careers to be just thrown away like that over a stupid mistake.

     But now that we've debuted, that we've come so far in our careers, I feel that sometimes we're curious to try. There's been many nights me and the girls stayed up talking about crushes and relationships, what we hope for the future and what the best way is to handle it. Chaeyoung can't doubt her feelings for Y/N. While I am concerned for her, I also badly want her to be happy. To find someone that sees her the way I do, who will treat her the way she deserves and will never stop fighting for her love.

     I watch my three sisters as they get their microphones attached to their outfits.

     I just want them all to be happy, to find someone that will grow to love them deeply and unconditionally.