Chapter 19

The next hour consists of more shopping at various stores and picking up snacks along the way. You all stop by Oh Yes! Chicago, a store for you and your furry little friend. They each buy a little something for their pets; cats, dogs alike and even something for Rosé's fish, Orange. The next stop is Bowwowz & Meowz, which — you guessed it right, is another store for your furry little friends.

Afterwards, your sweet tooth becomes satisfied when you all reach a bright store called IT'SUGAR. It's hard to keep your eyes away. The store is full of clear boxes of candy, all the types that you could ever imagine. Shelves upon shelves are stacked with colourful delights, with large scoops inside so that the customers going around can choose and mix it with others in a bag.

"Oh, I can just smell the sweet aroma of diabetes." Sam says gleefully, earning a chuckle from your behalf. When you finally leave the store, everyone carries a small bag of colourful various candies in their hand. Happily picking out of the bags and munching on the sweet, sour, and spicy treats. The next stop is the Crystal Gardens, an indoor botanical garden that is open for the public to wander around in.

As you slowly walk, your eyes gaze over the lush green foliage of various plant life. You glance up above to see that the ceiling is made of glass to let sunlight in. It's getting dark now though, so not much light is entering the place. But it's the twinkling lights that hang from wires above that makes the area feel more alive. They shine brightly, like stars in the night sky. You smile to yourself as you think about how this would make a perfect date for a couple going out. Maybe if you had a partner you love, you'd bring them here. Holding their hand, talk about anything they'd like, and spoil them with deep affection like hugs and kisses.

Finally, you find the pride of the whole settlement. Multiple circular pools of water are placed in a formation, above the ground types. Each one spurs a thin stream of water that pours into the next pool in an overhead arch, allowing people to walk underneath them without the worry of getting wet. The pools are all adorned with various types of flowers and green plants. You grin at the beauty of it all, appreciating the art that went into the design of the area.

     Hesitantly, you walk under one of the arches, then try to lift your hand up to feel the stream

Hesitantly, you walk under one of the arches, then try to lift your hand up to feel the stream. Of course it's just out of reach. You laugh as you jump up a bit, managing to feel the moist spray with just the tips of your fingers.

"Oh, it's cold." You whisper to no one in particular.

"Is it?" A voice behind you asks that almost scares you, then you realize who the owner is. Turning around, you come face to face with Lisa. It seems like she was following you from behind. The bright lights from the ceiling and colourful hues from the giant Ferris wheel outside adorn Lisa's face, twinkling in her dark doe-like eyes. You feel a grin cross your face.

"Yeah! Here, try it for yourself." You say, standing to the side to give her some room. Lisa smiles as she reaches her arm up, just managing to feel the jet stream when she hops on her heels. As she comes back down though, she loses her balance and takes a couple steps around to regain it. You chuckle as you grab Lisa by the shoulders to help stabilize her. "Careful there." You exclaim, smirking at her.