Chapter 29

Young frantic hearts in the dark. That's what you and Alina once were. She'd ask her parents if you two could have a sleepover. You'd come by on your best behaviour. But when the lights in the halls were off and the door to her parent's room was shut - was when the two of you would come out with your true colours.

About three months passed before the both of you just couldn't take it anymore. Over time, step by step, you progressed further in exploring each other's bodies. Discovering the art of touch and pleasure. Alina made you feel in such a way that no man ever could. She was the one that took your virginity, while you also took hers. To be both deeply in love and have mind-blowing sex with a person is not something you can easily let go of. In essence, Alina became your addiction.

That is why she was able to stay in your heart for so long. You kept in secret contact for the next couple months. Messaging back and forth, secret calls on the phone, hearing the words again and again, "I'm not letting you go. We can do this Y/N. We belong together." There were spells of dry-texting, doubts building at the back of your mind that showed when the insecurity of the relationship caused you two to fight. Nevertheless, the same words echoed again, "I'm not letting you go. I love you too much to let us go."

A few weeks after prom when it had officially been a year since you last saw Alina, you two managed to meet each other again on a long-weekend trip that took months of meticulous planning. In spite of the limited time there was, you two used every moment to be with each other. Round after round of making love, cuddling and play-fighting, visiting the attractions outside, eating meals together; it was almost as if you two could have been a normal couple. But the weekend ended much too quickly and left a bittersweet goodbye in your memory.

     "Will I ever see you again?"

     "I won't make a promise Y/N. I just can't do that to you. However, it doesn't hurt to have hope. Maybe one day I'll see you again."

     And you did manage to see her again one day. Not the way you'd like to though. You were now twenty years old, and somehow, felt more free than before. Alina showed up much less often in your thoughts, not completely forgotten, but at least not on your mind all the time like before.

That was until she showed up randomly again in your life.

You were sitting in the café near your school; sipping from your coffee and happily wolfing down a bagel while proofreading the essay on your laptop. That was a good day. The weather was becoming warm again as the month of May was settling in. Something about the way the sun was shining and the smiles from random strangers on the street put you in a good mood; upbeat music was playing in your headphones and gave a little hop to your step. It never even occurred to you to think about how you didn't think of Alina all day.

"I thought I'd find you here."

There she stood on the sidewalk, with a grin as wide as her face as she looked at you. Her curly hair that was once dark brown now became a straightened platinum blonde. You remember the eyeliner that brought out those enticing green eyes.

"H-How are you here?" You asked.

"I told you babe, it never hurts to have hope."

And just like that, Alina became the only thing on your mind all over again. She stayed with you and it wasn't long before the both of you caught up again. While she was your lover, she was also your best friend; no matter of distance or time could take that away. However, something else changed:

(M-Rated part starts now. I don't go into too much detail though. If uncomfortable, skip this paragraph and start reading from the next.)

     "Alina..." you moaned into her bare chest. She continued to ride on top of you, her chest heaving with deep breaths. You wrapped an arm around her lower waist while the other pleasured the inner arousal between her legs. She looked so beautiful. Moonlight from outside your window casted onto her features; across her full breasts and puffy lips. Alina cursed under her breath, you could feel her walls clenching around your fingers. The familiar signs of an imminent release.

Together you laid on the bed, coming down from your sexual highs. Masking in the scent of your lover, she curled into your arms as you played with her hair. There was nothing that could have possibly made you happier than now, at least nothing you could think of. "I love you." You said to her. Your heart was swooning as you memorized every inch of her face in that moment. But she couldn't meet your eyes. Her face dropped for a moment.

Alina looked up again and flashed an unconvincing smile, but you knew her better than that. "Is everything okay?" You asked. She still couldn't match your gaze. Then she moved to sit up on the edge of the bed. You hesitantly called her name again.

"No Y/N. It's not okay. What I'm doing to you is not okay..." she started to sniffle and run her hands through her hair.

"What do you mean? This is more than okay, this is everything I've ever wanted. You're everything to me Alina. Nothing can change that."

"You don't know that. You're only saying that because we just had sex." She replied. You moved closer and pulled her to face you.

"I'm saying that because I love you, Alina. I am truly, completely, madly in love with you."

Her eyes softened and began to shimmer. Tears flowed down her cheeks. It broke your heart to see her this way. "Don't cry my love. It's okay, we'll be okay." You said, rubbing circles on her back to soothe her. She pulled back again.

"No, we won't be."

You shook your head in disbelief. "Why? Why do you keep saying that?"

The momentary pause Alina took to consider her answer made you nervous. You didn't want to jump to any conclusions, but then she met your eyes, and what she said next broke your heart more than ever before.

"Because I'm getting married."