65

"this is the best club i've been to!" bff/n shouts over the music. she's 5 shots in, but still seems sober. i laugh because she's a horrible dancer. i'm 7 shots in and i'm definitely drunk. i can hardly move in a straight line and everything is spinning.
"i-i think it-it's ti-ime to go b-back." i slur.
"yep, i agree. you're a mess." she says putting my arm around her shoulder to support me. we walk out of the club and she calls an uber to take us back to our airbnb. i start crying in the uber.
"what's wrong?" she says hugging me.
"i ruined harry!" i scream. i keep sobbing.
"you didn't ruin harry." she replies.
"y-yes i-i-i did. d-did you s-see him?" i cry. she tries to calm me down.
"yes i saw him but you guys broke up! of course seeing an ex hard." she says. i keep sobbing.
"i-i'm going to t-t-text him!" i say.
"absolutely not. give me your phone." she says. i hand it over.
"thank you." she replies. we get back to the airbnb and she puts me into bed.
"goodnight. i looooove youuuu" i slur before i pretend to fall asleep. once i know she's asleep, i roll out of my bed and stumble over to her night stand. my phone is sitting on top. i grab it and attempt to walk into the bathroom. i pull up harrys contact information and message him.

y/n: hey syllie gooos

harry: uh, hi?

y/n: i'm sawry fre everiethang i've pot yu throuh

harry: are you drunk?

y/n: and i wantid to lit youw knoew i stll lyke youe ANDD i feeeeeeeeel terebl fro evrtthing

harry: good night y/n. i'll talk to you tomorrow.

i wake up in the morning passed out in the bathroom. i wake up because i hear bff/n screaming at me.
"you took your phone!" she screams. my head hurts so bad. i look at my hand and see it on my stomach.
"oh shit." i mumble.
"you better pray that you didn't do anything stupid." she scolds. i look at my lock screen and see a notification from harry.
"shit." i say. i open our conversation and read the texts i sent him.
"shit!" i scream.
"what?" she asks. i hand her my phone. she laughs.
"i'm fucking screwed." i say. she hands me back my phone. i look at the text he sent me this morning.

harry: sounds like you had fun last night. want to talk?

i sigh. i put my phone down as the contents of my stomach spew into the toilet.
"i do not envy you right now." bff/n laughs as she walks over to hold my hair i lay in bed for a while, thinking. i keep trying to be mad at harry but i fail. and mad for wait? the breakup was mutual but i haven't thought about my emotions for him. i kind of just shoved them away. i decide that i should text him back.

y/n: i am so so so sorry. i feel like an idiot and i'm definitely embarrassed.

harry: it's ok. it made me laugh.

i smile at my phone. i miss his laugh. i snap out of it. i've always feel like i've depended on someone. this was my time to be myself. my phone buzzes.

harry: do you want to meet up at the coffee shop down the road from the bar we were at? around 1?

i think to myself. what could he want?

y/n: sounds good:)

i chuck my phone across the room. i look at the time and it's already 12.
"shit!" i mumble. i get out of bed and get into the shower. when i get out, i pop two advil to get rid of my headache and brush my teeth. i do my makeup and put on a new outfit.
"where are you going?" bff/n asks.
"oh no where. i'll bring you back coffee!" i say as i leave the loft. i rush down to the coffee shop with 2 minutes to spare. i walk in and i don't see him so i grab a table and wait. a couple minutes later, i see him walk in and approach the table.
"hi." he says sitting down.
"hi." i reply.
"so...those texts." he smiles. i bury my head in my hands out of embarrassment.
"oh my god. i was very drunk and-" i say before he cuts me off.
"it's fine. i just had a question about one thing." he says grinning.
"what?" i ask.
"you still like me?" he asks.
"oh my god." i slap my hand to my forehead. he laughs.
"it's ok i'm only joking." he says. i look up at him. his eyes are twinkling and his smile shows off his dimples.
"so, meghan left?" i ask.
"good god the boys can't keep anything to themselves!" he mumbles. i try not to smile. he looks up at me.
"i thought i could see myself in a romantic relationship with her again, but it just didn't work." he says.
"oh." i reply.
"yep." he says awkwardly. my phone buzzes.

bff/n: where the hell are you?

y/n: coffee!

bff/n: i don't think coffee takes an hour

y/n: sorry!

i put my phone down. harry is twiddling with his thumbs. i break the silence.
"it was good talking to you again. i miss us." i confess. he smiles.
"i missed us too." he says.
"harry, no matter how hard i've tried, i don't think i can fully kick you out of my life," i laugh, "but i don't know if i'm in the right mindset to continue our friendship, relationship, whatever we are." i finish.
"i agree." harry says.
"ok. well i'm supposed to be living my best life for the next year so i'll talk to you in," i look at my watch, "twelve months." i giggle. he giggles too.
"ok, well i'll see you in twelve months." he says standing up. he opens his arms for a hug. i hug him.
"bye harry." i say before walking away.
"bye y/n." he smiles. i grab a coffee for bff/n and head back to the airbnb.
when i arrive, i knock on the door.
"finally!" she says. she takes he coffee from my hand.
"so when do you want to go to the eiffel tower?" i ask.
"maybe in an hour or so." she shrugs.
"ok. what time does the train leave tomorrow?" i ask.
"hmm, let me check." she says as she pulls up our tickets on her phone. she shows me them.
"ok. so what do you want to do until we go to the eiffel tower?" i ask.
"relax?" she asks.
"sure." i reply. we spend the next few hours on the couch watching tv. i decide to get ready and i change into a tight black long sleeve turtle neck with a white babydoll dress on top and white steve maddens. i loosely curl my hair and then bff/n gets ready. once she's finished, we walk towards the tower. when we get there, it's just before sunset, so the sky is super pretty. all the sudden, the lights go on.
"wow!" bff/n says. her eyes light up as she looks at them. i watch her enjoy the view. we take some pics and my phone buzzes.

liam: is that you i see?

y/n: depends, where are you?

liam: eiffel tower

y/n: ok this is getting weird. are you guys stalking me?

liam: haha very funny. look you your right. i'm waving.

i put my phone down and look over. i see him waving. i roll my eyes and smile. he looks stupid jumping up and down. i grab bff/n and we walk over to him.
"hey!" i say hugging him.
"i swear we aren't stalking you." he laughs.
"oi! y/n!" louis says. he hugs me.
"i saw you yesterday! you miss me that much?" i laugh hugging him back.
"y/n." i hear harry say. i turn around.
"harry." i reply.
"has it already been twelve months?" he teases. i roll my eyes.
"wait what?" bff/n interrupts.
"yea at coffee this afternoon she said she was going to take the next year to herself." harry says.
"coffee? this afternoon?" she exclaims. my eyes go big. i start pulling her away.
"it was great to see you guys! good luck at your show this week and i'll see you whenever!" i shout as we get further away from the boys. i hook arms with bff/n.
"you went on a secret date with harry?" she laughs.
"it was not a date." i reply. she rolls her eyes.
"for some reason, i do not believe you." she smiles. we walk around and admire the view before heading to Nice in the morning.