53

about an hour later, harry facetimes me.
"hey love." he says smiling.
"hi!" i reply.
"i just got home." he says.
"that's good. are you going to come back tomorrow morning?" i ask.
"im not sure yet, hopefully." he replies. there's a distant knock from his end and he looks confused.
"who's that?" i ask.
"i'm not sure." he says. his face looks puzzled as he walks over to the door and answers it. his face lights up and a high pitch female voice squeals.
"harry!" she says. she jumps into his arms and he smiles.
"meghan!" he says.
"meghan?" i question.
"oh hey, y/n, i'm going to have to call you back." he says.
"oh...uh...ok?" i say and hang up. i walk over to niall and liams little house thing and knock on the door. liam answers in his plaid pj pants and gray shirt. he looks like i woke him up.
"y/n, it's," he looks down at his phone, "2 in the morning. what's wrong." he asks.
"do you know who meghan is?" i question. he appears to think.
"no?" he replies. i walk into their bedroom and shake niall awake.
"niall!" i say.
"what?" he says groggily.
"do you know who meghan is to harry?" i ask
"no." he responds and falls back asleep. i leave and walk over to where louis and zayn were staying. zayn has no idea who i'm talking about but louis does.
"yea she's a long time friend. former girlfriend, but they've been best mates since year 2." he says casually.
"anything i need to worry about?" i ask a little concerned.
"no i don't think so." louis replies.
"oh that meghan!" zayn says.
"yes zayn. what other meghan would we be talking about?" louis replies.
"i don't know." zayn replies confused. i laugh.
"so they're really just friends?" i ask.
"yea, they dated back in year 8 but they've been good friends before and after that." louis replies.
"ok well if you don't think anything of it i'm going back to bed." i say walking fast out of their room and back to mine. i jump into bed and try to feel a asleep. right when i do fall asleep, i get a facetime from harry. i decline it and fall back asleep. the next morning, i check my phone when i get up. i see it is spammed with calls and text messages.

2:00am
harry: i'll call you back later tonight!

3:00am
harry: pick up!
harry: i need to talk to you. kaylee spiked again.

3:30am
harry: i know you're probably asleep but if you hear your phone please answer.
harry: please i'm getting concerned and kendall isn't picking up her phone.

after his last message, he just kept spamming my phone. i must have been really tired to not hear it. i call him immediately. he doesn't pick up. i try again and he doesn't pick up so i text him.

y/n: hey i'm so sorry i didn't pick up last night. i was exhausted and was in such a deep sleep that i didn't hear it ring. please call!

no answer. i hear a knock at the door and it's zayn.
"hey have you heard from harry?" i ask.
"uh yea. have you not?" he replies.
"no he won't call me back." i say.
"that's weird. he can't come to the show tonight. kaylees fever won't drop and she has some jaundice." he says.
"oh my goodness. should i fly out there?" i ask concerned.
"no he's got meghan and we need you for the show tonight." zayn replies. my heart sank a little when he said harry has meghan. i shake it off.
"so what did you need?" i ask.
"niall has reserved us a table at a restaurant for a pre-show breakfast. want to join?" he asks.
"oh, sure. when?" respond.
"an hour. we figured you'd need time to get ready." he says.
"perfect. i'll come to your room when i'm done." i reply.
"ok cool." he says before walking away. i hop in the shower and try to scrub off the feeling of guilt for not being there for harry and the feeling of concern for kaylee. i feel horrible. after i shower i sit in my towel on the bed and try and call harry again. he finally picks up.
"hey babe i'm so sorry i didn't pick up last night. you have no idea how bad i feel. i wish i could give you the biggest hug right no-"
"y/n! i've heard so much about you!" says a female voice.
"hi uh who's this." i ask a little annoyed.
"meghan. harrys in the bathroom. oh here he comes!" she says before i hear harrys voice on the phone.
"hey." he says sniffling a little.
"aw harry are you ok?" i ask. my brain completely erases my feelings about meghan and i focus on harry.
"not really. i really needed you last night." he sniffles again.
"i feel like an awful person. if i heard my phone i would have picked up. i just want to run and give you a hug." i say starting to tear up a little. i hear him take a deep breath.
"the doctors don't think she's going to make it. they don't know what's wrong with her." he says before he breaks down. my heart completely shatters for him. he was so excited to become a dad and seeing his dreams possibly leave right in front of him breaks me.
"i'll be there in a few hours." i say.
"ok" he sighs.
"i love you. she'll be alright." i reassure him.
"i love you too." he hangs up. i pack a small bag and leave the resort after throwing on some casual clothes. i go to zayn and louis' room.
"hey i'm going to LA. i'm going to miss the show. kaylee is deteriorating." i say quickly not waiting for a response. i call and uber and leave for LA.