58

at 1pm the next day, i walk into the hibachi grill and see ryan sitting at a table. he sees me and smiles. as i approach the table, he gets up and hugs me.
"hi!" i say.
"hey!" he replies.
"how's it going?" i ask as we sit down.
"pretty good. sold two cars yesterday." he says.
"wow! did u get their phone numbers too?" i ask jokingly. he laughs. a lady comes and takes our drink and food order.
"so how's life treating you?" he asks. i chuckle.
"not the best at the moment, but hopefully it will get better." i respond.
"how so?" he continues.
"well i was supposed to be on tour right now but then my boyfriend..ex boyfriend...to be honest i don't know what he is at the moment, had some life things happen and his daughter died and we got into a fight and yea." i ramble. he looks at me with a questioning look.
"tour?" he asks. i laugh.
"yep. with one direction. my partner...ex partner...again, i'm confused, is harry styles." i reply. ryan's mouth hangs open. "aw shit i'm scaring you."
"no! i'm just shocked that you're a famous person who chose to go out with me. i'm just a little concerned about the harry thing though, if i'm being honest." he says.
"that's understandable." i say taking a sip of water.
"so we're just going to be friends?" he asks.
"for right now. depends how things go." i wink. he blushes a little. we eat our lunch and walk around the little outlet mall because it's beautiful outside. at 5pm, we realize how late it's gotten.
"well i've had a lot of fun today, but i think it's time i get going." i say.
"same here." he replies.
"it was good to spend the day with you." i say smiling. she smiles back.
"i had a lot of fun today. i hope things with harry get sorted." he replies. i wave and get into my car. i drive back to the hotel and realize, what if harry isn't ready for our relationship for months. i'm not going to stay at a hotel for 6 months! when i get back to the hotel, i pull out my laptop and sit on my bed. i google "apartment complexes near me" and find a lot of results. i spend a good chunk of my night trying to find something when harry facetimes me. it's 3am and i look like a mess. i don't care though, he's facetiming me! i pick up and see his beautiful eyes, but his smile is still nonexistent.
"hey handsome." i say, hoping to cheer him up. he does smile a little bit.
"hey." he replies.
"what's up?" i ask propping the phone up on my laptop.
"just wanted to call." he says. his voice is still monotone, but at least he's trying.
"ok! do you know when you'll like me again? i'm looking for apartments so i don't have to stay at this hotel anymore." i say teasing. he didn't catch onto my tone and his eyebrows furrow.
"that's not funny." he says
"well i'm not really joking." i reply turning the camera around so he can see the website i was on.
"you plan on leaving me?" he asks.
"no! i just want a space to live while you figure stuff out. relax!" i reply. clearly im not saying the right things because he keeps getting more and more frustrated.
"relax? really! i lost my fucking daughter and you want me to relax? you've never been through anything like this so you have no say in how i get to feel! 'relax' my ass!" he yells. at this point i'm in tears. i've never seen him this upset. i've especially never seen him get that mad that quick.
"harry?" i say shakily.
"for fucks sake, what?" he responds harshly.
"i do know what the he'll you're going through. ask kendall. i was going to share it with you some day but you don't deserve to hear it straight from me since my emotions are apparently 'invalid.' and you know what? i think i'm going to get an apartment and completely move out because you are a piece of shit." i reply. his face goes white and loses all emotion. i hang up. i throw my phone off of the bed and continue looking for apartments. i find one i like in san diego and email the landlord about it. i shut my laptop and go to sleep.