Hospital wing

You opened your eyes and turned your sore body around in bed, only to see that you were in the hospital wing. "Wha-" you muttered, trying to sit up in the bed. You sat up and looked around the pale room. The odd smell of hospitals lingered around you. You squinted your eyes at the horrible smell. Slowly, you turned your head and saw the bedside table, which was adorned in flowers. "Woah..." you whispered to yourself. Who would give you so many flowers. You looked closer to see they were from different people. You reached forward and grabbed a beautiful bouquet of lilies, and read the small card inside of it. "To y/n, we hope you get better! In the meantime, we'll beat up Draco for you!! From Padma and Parvati" you read aloud. You looked away for a moment, you hadn't even remembered how you ended up in the hospital wing. But the memories came flooding back as soon as you read the note. Nevertheless, you smiled at it and placed the flowers to the side.

You then picked up a bouquet of red carnations. They were so pretty. You picked up the note and read it, "get better. From Zach" You laughed at the note. He knew how to make you laugh at the worst times. The flowers he sent were so charming. You held them all in your arms, admiring how kind all of your friends were. You looked down for a second and noticed something at the corner of your eye. You looked down to the foot of the bed, and saw a rose. A black rose. It was gorgeous. You picked up the single rose and held it carefully with both of yours hands. You pondered if the flower had fallen from one of the bouquets, but there wasn't a single rose in any of them, let alone a black one. So... who sent it? Deep in thought, you sat there and stared at the rose, thinking about who could've sent this to you. The only logical conclusion was: Draco sent it. But why would he leave it on the floor? You softly caressed it's petals, noticing all the details on this amazing rose. You had never seen a black rose before.

Suddenly, somebody walked in, causing you to hide the rose behind you. "You're awake!!" Zach shouted. "Oh my god you're awake" he said, running over to you and hugging you tightly. "Yeah I am" you laughed. He didn't let go of you so you lightly pushed him off. "Sorry," he laughed. "I was getting kind of worried, but I'm so glad you're okay!!" You smiled at him, you were glad he was giving you this kind of energy, you didn't want him to sit sadly and feel bad for you. "Oh I see you got all of our flowers!" He said, gesturing towards the pile of flowers on your lap. "Yes!! They're so pretty I love them all! But you all do realise I'm not dying right.... I was just tired, that's all" you explained. "Yes but you're our precious y/n, we'd hate it if anything happened to you. We were all so worried. Padma couldn't even sleep!" You smiled at the sound of that. Your friend really did love you. "You guys are amazing... thank you" you leaned forward and hugged him again.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who's tired" you said more seriously, now noticing the dark circles under Zach's eyes. "Oh.. that. I just couldn't sleep last night, I was just worried" Tears formed in your eyes.
"Oh no y/n don't you dare cry or you're gonna make me cry" he said, with his voice breaking. You laughed at his words. "Listen y/n.... I'm sorry about what happened-"
"It's okay. Let's not talk about that please. I just want to forget about it, okay?" You asked. "Okay" he said happily.

"LOOK WHO'S AWAKE" a voice shouted from the door, which you immediately recognised. Parvati stormed into the room with Padma slowly following behind. She must've been tired. "HELLO!! You do not know how happy I am to see you awake! I have been SO bored today without you"
"HEY" padma shouted from behind.
"Sorry" Parvati said back. "Anyways, HOW ARE YOU?" You were positively shocked by how excited she was. "I'm good!! Hopefully I'll be out of here soon!!" The three of their faces dropped when you said that. "What?" You asked. "Actually.... Madam Pomfrey said you have to stay here for a couple days..." your eyes opened in shock. "What why?? I'm fine now!"

"Yeah but she said that you're too weak to go to classes right now, she said she'll be giving you vitamins to make you regain your health a little. It might not have seemed like it, but you really burnt yourself out the other day" you looked down at your hands and started fidgeting. "So I'm stuck here?"
"Yep" padma replied, "but it's okay! Well visit you during our breaks and lunch and we'll say goodnight to you! Don't worry, we'll keep you as updated as possible"
"Yeah trust me, I will be telling you everything" Parvati spoke. You smiled, knowing that you were in good hands. Soon, you'll be well enough to get back into classes, so for now, you just had to rest.

"We have to go to our class now or we'll be late, but we'll see you at lunch!!" Padma spoke. "That means you too, zach!! Did you know y/n, Zach stayed here all night and all day just waiting for you to wake up? I honestly thought he was gonna go insane!" Parvati explained. You turned to Zach who was biting the inside of his cheek. "You did, did you?" You smirked at him. He blushed and turned away from you. "Cmon, you said we were gonna be late" he muttered, grabbing his bag and leaving. You giggled at his behaviour. "See you later y/n!" Your friends shouted before leaving you alone in the medical wing.

You looked around. You were the only one there. The rest of the beds were empty. Now that you had a few days all to yourself, and your thoughts, you knew it was gonna be a long couple of days. You felt tired sitting up, so you lay down back inside the blanket, and picked up the rose you hid from behind you. Laying there, you held the rose up in the air, examining it. Why was it that no matter how much you tried, you couldn't escape him. There was always a force bringing you back to him. He just had to leave this stupid rose... You placed the rose on your chest and held it softly with one hand, and lay there.