I love you

Draco sat down in the middle of his bed, with his still wet body dampening the sheets below him. You sat down opposite him. He held the truth serum in his hand. "Y/n, once I drink this, ask me every question you want to ask, and I'll answer them all for you" he reassured you. You gulped watching him drink the serum. Exhaling, you thought of questions to ask him. "Umm... I guess my first question would be.." you scratched the back of your head. "When did you first realise you liked me?" He looked at you and smiled. "I was hoping you'd ask that. Remember when we went to the astronomy tower? The moment you rested your head on my shoulder, and I saw the stars reflecting in your eyes, and you told me you were sleepy, that's when I knew. Before that, I did have a tiny crush on you but nothing major. But in that moment, I knew it wasn't just any ordinary crush. I saw something amazing in you." You smiled at his words and blushed.

You started to like this whole truth serum thing, so you asked again. "So.... do you.." you tried to get your words out but it seemed like your mouth bad stopped working. "Do you... love me?" You asked. You were nervous to hear his answer. "Of course I do, I've loved you for all this time, and I'll love you forever. I know you doubt me, and it kills me inside to know that you still don't fully trust me, but it's okay. I need to build the trust, that I broke, back up again, and I'll do it gladly. I won't let you have even a grain of doubt left in you. I'll show you truly how much I love you" he grinned at you, with excitement. Your cheeks flushed red again and tears pooled in your eyes. You hadn't believed that he loved you but now you truly knew. "I love you too" you whispered back to him. "YES IM SO HAPPY!," He shouted. "Sorry, it's the truth serum"

"Okay okay, I have another question. When was your first kiss?" You asked, wiping the tears and smiling at him. He looked at you for a moment but he couldn't stop grinning at you. The truth serum made him act like an excited child. "Hmm when was the first time we kissed" he pretended to think to himself, and you shoved him playfully. "I thought the serum was supposed to make you tell the truth" you laughed. "I am telling the truth! I have never kissed anyone before you! In fact, you're probably my first real crush. I've never felt romantic feelings for anyone else. No one else was worth it" his words made you feel like the most amazing person in the world. He had you on cloud nine with his compliments. "So the great Draco Malfoy hadn't even kissed anyone before me?" You pouted at him. "Yep! I guess you could say I was saving all of my firsts for you" You planted a small kiss on his lips.

After a few more questions later, the truth serum wore off. "So, now you know for real, how much I love you" he spoke. You giggled at his words, "yes, and I'm very grateful to have you" you leaned forward and pressed your forehead against his. You could feel his warm breath on you. "Oh! I thought we were supposed to be going somewhere!" You exclaimed, suddenly standing up. "Yes! We are! Let me just get dressed" he also stood up and looked for his clothes. "But isn't it too late now? It's 10 at night.." you asked, with doe eyes.
"Like I said, it doesn't matter what time it is, it's about the experience."

Draco quickly dressed into a black button up shirt, and black jeans, where he left his shirt untucked. "You look good" you smiled at him.
"You look better" he spoke back. "Now let's go!" He exclaimed, as he grabbed your hand, causing you to yelp, and started running. The two of you exited the room and ran through the halls. Nobody would notice you running since no teacher cared what the only two students in the school were doing. You ran and ran until you reached a balcony. Out of breath, you spoke, "what now?" Draco held your hand and in the other, he held his wand, which he used to cast a spell on the two of you. Your feet left the ground and you floated over the balcony, and onto the floor, leading you outside of Hogwarts. "We're escaping?? I thought we were just staying inside of the building" you asked. "No princess, I have something much better planned for you" he smiled at you and pulled out his wand again. He spoke some words and apparated the two of you into a town.

As you stumbled on your feet, you clung to Draco's arm. "Where are we? Is this Hogsmeade?" You asked. Your eyes were bright, and filled with the beautiful reflections of the lights around you. The town had a golden glow to it, and a comfortable feeling. Since it was late at night, the streets were empty. "It is. Let's go" he placed his hand gently on your back and walked with you. "Wow..." you whispered to yourself as you stared at all the buildings around you. The two of you walked leisurely around the town, and Draco escorted you into a small building. You looked around and noticed it was a restaurant. It had a homey feel to it, the dim lights lowly light up the room.

Draco pulled out a seat for you at a table and you sat down, and he sat opposite to you. "Order whatever you want, we haven't ate yet so you must be really hungry" he smiled at you. You held his hand on the table. A waitress came over to the table and asked what you would be eating. "Umm what do you serve here" you asked. You had never been here and had no idea what the restaurant served. The waitress listed a few items from the menu, and you had to make a choice. "I'll have... the pasta" you chose, since it was the only good on the menu that you recognised. "I'll have the same as her" Draco spoke, smiling at you. The waitress left and you looked around you, you two were the only ones there. They probably didn't expect any customers to come so late.

You giggled and looked at your boyfriend. "Draco why are we here"
"I don't know, I just wanted to treat you. I want this night to be special and memorable for you" he answered. As you waited for the food to arrive, the two of you started talking. "And then Snape came in and ruined the whole thing" you finished your story with a pout. Draco laughed at the cute face you made, but his smile faded. "Snape..." he muttered under his breath. "Huh?" You asked with doe eyes. "Nothing, just... Snape is different to how I thought he was.."
"How so?"
"Well, I used to idolise him. I wanted to be just like him but better. And now I see that he isn't the great man I used to see" he said with a frown. "You know," he continued. "Before I got that injury, the one on my hand, Snape took me to his office.." you watched him speak with your eyes wide. "I thought he would tell me off for treating you badly. But.. he didn't. Instead.." You edged closer to him out of curiosity. He looked at your eyes and felt regret that he was telling you this. "He told me that I shouldn't be with you. He said that I was 'tainting' my fathers name. That I was bringing shame on the Slytherin house." You frowned at his words.

"Oh... I knew he was bad but.. I didn't know he could be that horrible, especially not to you" you spoke.
"Well, he's not that same person anymore. Maybe he was never that person, but I just failed to see through him. I guess he used to be on my side, so I didn't care how he treated others. But then he disrespected you... And that's how I hurt my hand haha" he ended his story with a half empty laugh. "Draco.." you softly spoke, and touched his hand. "Don't worry about me. If he doesn't like me, then so what? I don't care what he thinks, so you shouldn't either. Nothing matters to me as long as you like me, you're the only person whose opinion matters to me" you grinned at him, hoping to cheer him up. "Listen, let's just enjoy the food! Look, here it comes" you held his face and turned it to show him the waitress holding the plates in a tray.

The plates were set down and the two of you ate the pasta. "This is SO GOOD" you exclaimed, after eating a few spoon fulls. "I know right" Draco answered, patting your head. After eating your food and talking for a while longer, the two of you decided it was time to leave. "Okay, now where are we going to go!" You leaned forward and asked Draco, raising your eyebrows. "C'mon, I'll show you" he stood up, holding his hand out to you. The two of you paid for the food and ran out of the restaurant, onto the cobblestone road.