Winter Break

A few days passed, and the snow was getting thicker, and fell faster. This meant the winter break was coming. In fact, the students of Hogwarts would be going home on the train for their break tomorrow. Every student was running around in a hectic gaze, trying to gather all of their items and belongings to pack into their suitcases. Everyone except you. You couldn't go home this break because your parents weren't going to be home, meaning you would have to stay at Hogwarts for the break. It sucked because all of your friends weren't going to be here with you, so you'd have to wander the building alone. There were no classes today since everybody was packing, so you dressed in a warm sweater and a long skirt to keep yourself warm.

You walked back to your dorm to see what progress the girls had done. Entering the room, you saw huge piles of clothes on their beds. You sighed and walked towards them. "How have you not moved anything... I've been gone for at least 20 minutes" you asked, helping fold some of the clothes. "I know... but there's just too many clothes" Parvati whined, plopping herself onto her bed. You helped her fold her clothes quickly and packed them away in her suitcase for her. "Don't forget to take your wand" you spoke to her. "Oh! Thank you for reminding me, I almost forgot" she quickly grabbed her wand and placed it in her pocket.

Soon, you had packed her bags and helped with Padma's too. You felt a small feeling of sadness creep into your head. You were going to miss them a lot. The three of you had grown closer to eachother so much in the past few months. "I'm going to go check on Zach and see if he needs any help!" You spoke quickly before exiting the room.

You sped through the hallways but came to a sudden stop, as your eyes caught onto something shiny. You opened the door of a room ever so slightly and saw all of the decorations. The shiny decorations were for Christmas, and the shiny streamers dangled from the high ceilings. You saw a beautiful, large tree, adorned in baubles and glitter. Indeed, it was a sight to behold. You would take a look at the decorations properly later, for now you needed to find Zach.

You knocked on his door and waited. After all, it was a boys room, you couldn't just walk into there. Zach opened the door, "oh hi y/n! Didn't expect to see you here" you smiled at him and he let you in. The other boys who shared a room with him were packing their bags too. "I just was going to ask if you needed any help? With packing?" You asked.
"I kinda already packed..." he said laughing.
"You can help me pack" a boy chuckled under his breath. "Shut the hell up" Zach said, throwing a pillow at the boy, slightly agitated by his words. Zach sat you down on his bed next to him, and the two of you talked. As you were sat there, another boy kept staring at you, but it wasn't in a flirtatious way. Nor did it make you feel good. You felt uneasy. Your body became smaller, and you held your arms, and looked down. Trying to shake off the creepy feeling, you tried engaging in conversation with Zach again.

As much as you tried, the boys unwelcomed gaze crept you out even more, you felt so uncomfortable and wanted to leave immediately. Suddenly, you hugged Zach and held him close to you, and whispered in his ear. "That boy is really scaring me... he keeps staring at me. Help me Zach" you practically wept in his ear. He held you and whispered back, "it's okay Y/n, I'll deal with him. You go back to your room" You pulled away from him and looked at his face. He nodded at you and you quickly ran out of the room. Zach stood up and walked towards the boy. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked. The boy smirked and laughed, "she was a fiiiine girl"
"Stay away from her" Zach warned.
"She wants me. I know she does" the boy smirked to himself. Zach's fist tightened and his patience wore thin. "She doesn't want you!" He shouted, jumping onto the boy and punching him in the face. Blood dripped from the boys nose and he groaned. "What the hell Zach?" The boy shouted, holding his nose closed. "You better stay away from her or I swear I will make you regret everything" Zach threatened, before kicking the boys legs.

Zach stormed out of the room and set out to search for you. He walked over to your dorm and knocked on the door. You opened the door and immediately hugged him. Parvati and Padma walked out and stood next to you. "We heard what happened" Padma spoke. "That's so scary... who was the guy anyways?" Parvati asked.
"You know that guy who used to be in our charms, Clive?" Zach added. Parvati's fave dropped as she realised who it was. "That dick" she whispered to herself. Zach pulled you away from him. "You'll be fine. He won't do or say anything to you ever again. I promise" he reassured you. You smiled at him and gave him a short hug again. "Cmon, let's go" Zach said, holding your hand gently and walking all of you away from there.

The four of you went and sat in the Gryffindor common room, sneaking Padma and Zach in. You sat in the furthest corner so that no teacher would catch you. "I'm seriously gonna miss you guys so much" you spoke, pouting your lips. "It's only two weeks, you'll be okay y/n" Parvati laughed. "Two weeks is a long time! Especially when you're on your own" you said, looking down to the floor. "Is there actually no other student staying back this year? No one that could give y/n company?" Zach asked the twins. The two of them shook their head. "I truly think I'm going to be the only student in hogwarts" you said. "I guess it could be a good thing, you know. You would have so much time to do anything you want to do. You could explore the building and no teacher would even be able to stop you!" Padma voiced.

"True.... It might be enjoyable. Whatever, let's not talk about me. I'm so excited for you guys! You get to go home and meet your families!" You excitedly spoke. "When me and Parvati get home, all I wanna do is eat my mothers food" Padma moaned.
"Yes!! Our mother makes the best food. Maybe we can bring some back for you y/n? Would you want some?" Parvati asked. You thought about it for a second. You wouldn't be able to eat your own mothers food this time round, so this was close enough. "Sure! Thank you" you said.

"When I get home, I'm just going to sleep for a whole day" Zach added, making the group all laugh. After talking about the things your friends would do once they got home, a teacher called for all students to gather their belongings and get ready to go to the train. "Let's go" Zach said standing up, extending his arm towards to, asking for your hand. Parvati and Padma exchanged a quick smile between eachother after seeing that. You accompanied your friends as they grabbed their bags and joined the rest of the students. "Students, we will now head towards the train station, where you will take all of your bags with you and get on the train, from then on, you must find your ways home. Remember, this break is for two weeks and we expect you to be back on time. As always, have fun and have a happy holiday!" McGonagall announced to the students of Hogwarts. With that, she began leading the students out of Hogwarts.

"Have fun guys! I'll miss you so so much" you spoke, tears formed in your eyes. "Please please don't cry Y/n.... or I'll cry too..." Parvati added, wiping your tears. "Goodbye!" The three of them spoke before embracing you in a huge hug. "Bye.." you spoke quietly, almost to yourself. You watched the three of them carry their bags out of Hogwarts.