Take My Hand

Once your tears had momentarily stopped, you dried your face and fixed your makeup a little, trying not to look like a complete wreck at the ball. You remained seated and your friends came over to you. They also looked like they had been crying. "It'll be okay" Padma says, putting her hand on your shoulder.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, you decided to ask Parvati and Lei what they had been up to and if they had fun. "We danced and had so much fun!" Parvati exclaimed. Lei was holding her hand and beamed. "I love you so much" he said, kissing her hand. "You what...?" Parvati was shocked, and slowly turned to look at Lei. You and Padma looked at eachother and back at them. "Yep, you heard me right. I love you" Lei repeated. Parvati smiled and jumped a little. "Are you serious right now!!" Lei nodded his head excitedly. "Ah I love you too!" She laughed and squealed around him. He held her by the waist and pulled her in for a kiss. "Okay save that for the bedroom now" you spoke up, smiling at their little moment.

The four of you hung around eachother and laughed and danced, and the ballroom slowly started to lose people as students started to return to their rooms. Many of the couples went to each others rooms. You and Padma were jokingly dancing with eachother infront of Parvati and Lei and all of you were laughing.

You had a great time with them all, and you wouldn't trade this night for anything. Padma yawned and stretched in her seat. "It's getting late now, isn't it" she said with sleepy eyes. You giggled at her cute face. "If you're tired, you can just go back to the room" Parvati spoke. "Yeah I think I might" she stood up. "Y/n, are you coming too?" She asked you.
"Mmm nah I wanna stay for a bit longer" you replied.
"Okay, I'm off then. Have fun, guys" she waved goodbye before hobbling away, holding her heels in her hands.

"And then there were three" Lei said. Parvati laughed at his words, and scooted closer to him. "Actually... I was thinking we could go too" she said, fluttering her eyes at him. You sat and watched between them. Lei took a moment to understand, and then widened his eyes with an 'oohhh'. They stood up, arm in arm, and looked back at you. "Y/n we're gonna go too" Parvati said, smiling shyly at you. You knew exactly what they were going to do. "Oh my god just go!!" You exclaimed at them. "Are you staying?" She asked you.
"Yeah maybe just a little while longer"

The two left the room, hand in hand, giggling away as they scurried to his room.

You took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. There were very few students left, you could count them on your hands. It felt peaceful. The glistening lights above you twinkled, leaving a beautiful reflection on your dress, and the music played slowly and quietly. You thought about Zach. Hopefully he was safely on his way and having fun. You recalled all the moments you had shared with him. From when you first met him, till the moment he left, he had always been the kindest person you had ever met. You had some regrets, but in the end, it was all worth it.

You watched the last couple dance on the dance floor, laughing around as they playfully twirled each other around. They looked so happy with eachother. You looked down to your hands. They were empty. You played with a single ring.

"May I take your hand?"

You looked up to see Draco, extending his arm to you, with a small smile on his face. Your eyes were wide as you looked up at him, slightly confused and shocked, but a little part of you was happy too. "Draco.." you managed to say, before taking his hand. You stood up look at him; your eyes asking him 'why?'

"Please dance with me. There's nothing more that I want besides this" he requested. You smiled back at him, tears forming in your eyes. "Of course I will" you laughed a little before hugging him tightly. "I missed you" he whispered into your shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry" he spoke.
"I know" you spoke back. His voice cracked as he said, "I love you"
"I know" you said again. You pulled him away from you and looked at him. The poor boy was crying. "Don't cry! It's okay, it's okay" you stroked his hair gently, trying not to ruin the hairstyle he had. "I couldn't stop thinking about you" you revealed to him. His eyes widened. "Really? I thought you hated me and never wanted to see me again" he replied.
"Draco I could never hate you. Yes I felt angry, but I still didn't hate you. I just wanted to go back to you"
"I'm so glad you let me have another chance. I couldn't give you up that easily" he cried.