Glad To Have You

You gasped as the doors opened and your friends ran through, greeting you with a big hug. Winter break was finally over and your best friends were back. You missed them way too much. Leaning down, you picked up their bags and helped carry it back to their dorms.

The three of you entered your dorm, and Parvati gasped as she saw the room's state. "What did you do in here..." she carefully spoke, slowly walking into the room. You looked around and shrugged. "Did you throw all your clothes on the ground on purpose or.." Padma asked. "No I just-" you walked over to the mess you had made and started picking up the clothes on the floor, "I didn't have time to put these away" The two of them looked at you and then at eachother. "But you were here the whole time.."
The room definitely was in a 'depression room' state, since you didn't have any desire to do anything in the past days. You just waited until everyone returned to Hogwarts.

"Let me help you" Parvati said, helping you fold your clothes neatly, while Padma unpacked their suitcases. You picked up a shirt and slowly folded it, not even paying attention to what you were doing. "Y/n, are you okay?" Parvati asked. Your eyes remained in the same place, and you softly spoke, "I missed you guys a lot" The twins laughed and went over to you, and gave you a big hug. The two had piled onto you, and stayed in that position for a few seconds. "A lot happened," you tried to speak from under them, "while you were gone"
"Really? Like what?" Padma asked. You poked them to get them off of you, and sat up straight. You began telling them what had happened to you in your extremely eventful break.

"He said sorry? Awww"

"YOU SLEPT WITH DRACO?"

"What a cute date!"

"In the prefects bathroom?!"

"WHAT?? HOW DARE HE?"

An array of emotions were shown by your supportive friends, which immediately lifted you up. Their reactions were always very funny. They knew how to make a difficult situation slightly better.

"I can't believe he would lash out at you like that... you're right, maybe some people don't really change" Parvati shook her head in disappointment. "I know right? He's always been so terrible so it's hard to imagine how he could change so quickly" Padma added. "You deserve so much better Y/n" Parvati held your hand gently. "I'm so glad to have you both" you leaned in to hug them again. Tears welled in your eyes but you chose to move on.

"Right! I almost forgot!" You stood up excitedly, while your friends watched you in confusion. "We're having a ball!" Their faces didn't change, and still looked confused. "Here in Hogwarts, we're having a ball! Like where you dress up and dance and stuff!!" At those words, their eyes lit up as they understood what you were talking about. "A BALL?!" They shouted in unison. "Yes!! It's called The Moon Ball!! It sounds so pretty, right?" You squealed. "It sounds amazing! I've always wanted to dress up in those fancy gowns" Parvati shrieked.
"I'm SO EXCITED! I can't wait! When is it?" Padma asked. "Hmm I think it's in a few weeks actually. Wait..." you suddenly stopped in your tracks. "IT'S ONLY IN A FEW WEEKS? I DON'T HAVE A DRESS YET! WE NEED TO PREPARE" you panicked thinking about how fast the ball was already approaching.

"I don't have a date!" Padma panicked with you.
"We better get started then.." Parvati added. Quickly, the three of you cleaned up the room and put all of your clothes away. Apparently, you'd only clean your room when a fancy ball was involved. "When we get a break, or on the weekend, we need to go shopping" Parvati pleaded, and the two of you agreed with her.

Since you were done cleaning, you stood up. "Oh I should go say hi to Zach properly, I barely got to see him earlier"
"Yeah but you might not wanna mention the whole Draco thing, or atleast leave some parts out" Padma spoke up, and you stopped in your tracks. "What, why?" You asked. It's not like you were going to directly tell him all of that in the first place, but now you were curious on why you shouldn't. "Well, over the holidays, we sent a few owls to eachother and he expressed a lot of.. emotions" She spoke, and her words only kept you more on edge. "Emotions.. like what?" You urged. "He already doesn't like Draco, you know that much, but he... also said that he.. kinda likes you..." She timidly answered, trying not to say the wrong words.