Dance With Me

[just as a note, I deleted the previous chapter because I didn't like it, so I edited and rewrote it here! Sorry if it's a bit confusing but I really didn't like that chapter😭]

The two of you held hands as you snuck back into Hogwarts, with the sun rising behind you. Draco helped you up through a window, and you pulled him inside with you.

"We really were out all night.." you laughed.
"At least we had fun, right?" He nudged your shoulder slightly. "Of course. Draco," you turned to him. "I had so much fun with you last night. You don't understand how happy you make me. You're a blessing" you hugged him tightly, and he jumped slightly from your sudden action. "It's all for you, baby" he hugged you back.

You sneakily walked around the halls, but the tapping of your heels was too loud. "One second.. don't wanna get caught" you quickly stopped to take off your shoes. You shivered as your feet touched the cold floor. Draco watched you, and suddenly picked you up off the floor, making you let out a gasp. "What are you doing" you laughed.
"I can't let you walk on the cold floor" he continued walking, holding you bridal style in his arms. You wrapped your arms around his pretty neck, and stared at his face. He looked down at you and flashed a gorgeous smile.

-

"Do you think they're serving lunch yet?" You questioned. "Lunch?" Draco looked at you with wide eyes. "It's 11pm.."
"So? I'm hungry. I didn't even have breakfast" you whined. He pulled you closer to him, on the couch in the slytherin common room. "I haven't had breakfast either, Y/n" he leaned into you and pretended to bite your cheek. "Maybe I'm just hungry, but you're looking really tasty right now..." Draco spoke. You couldn't help but laugh at his words. "That was so cringe, I don't even wanna reply to that" you giggled, playfully pushing him away from you.

"The slytherin common room looks even better than the Gryffindor one. I think this might be the best one" you looked around in wonder. The emerald green complimented the hints of gold so well. It looked like a palace. "It's only good because you're in here with me" Draco grinned at you. You stood up quickly and spoke, "what's with all the cheesy jokes?! You must be really hungry. Let's get you food right now or I swear I won't be able to live through these jokes" you grabbed his hand and forced him to stand up. "Let's go" you guided him to the empty dining hall.

"It's so empty. I hate it. I love it when it's lively and full of people, not when it's deserted" you frowned.
"Don't worry, the students will all return in a week anyways" Draco reassured you, placing a hand on your back. You looked around and noticed one table with food on it. Food that was only enough for you two.

"What is this? Where's the rest of it?" You pointed at the food. Draco walked over and examined the table. ".. what do you mean"
"Do they think I'm 10 years old. There's barely enough food for one of us!" You exclaimed. Draco looked at you and tried stifling his laughter. "Let's just eat, I think you're hungrier than me. Maybe we're both going insane"

You sat down next to him, and reached for the food. As you ate the food, you felt yourself regaining your health. The sound of footsteps sounded at the entrance, making you look up. Professor McGonagall walked in. "Good afternoon, Miss Y/n and Mr Malfoy. Since the two of you are the only students in Hogwarts currently, I must tell you this. Dumbledore and I wish to hold a ball for the whole school, where the students can dress up and have fun. We will be decorating the halls, so we ask that you be careful when roaming around. And please do not touch the decorations" McGonagall finished.

You looked at Draco with wide eyes, and then back at the professor. "That's so cool! We'll stay out of your way. Just out of curiosity, will there be a theme for the ball?" You asked.
"Yes, it will have a 'space' theme. Such as, stars, constellations, planets or moons" she answered.

You squeezed Draco's hand out of excitement. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of work to do. Enjoy your meal" she smiled, before exiting the room. You immediately turned to him. "DRACO!" He laughed at you. "You're so cute"
"We're going to a ball! How cool is that? I seriously can't wait. I want to dress up and dance with you!!"

"I can't wait to be with you too, baby" he squeezed your face. "But..... I don't know how to dance" you widened your eyes in your realisation. Looking around the room, as if in thought, Draco came up with an idea. "I know, why don't we practice?" He stood up quickly and held out his hand. You looked into his alluring icy eyes and stood up.

He gently placed his hand on your waist, so softly, as if he weren't even touching you. Yet, his touch made you go wild. You tried to focus. He held your hand with the free hand. He flashed a gorgeous smiled at you before slowly spinning around with you. He went slow at first, to ease you into it. As you twirled against his body, you got the hang of it. There was nothing complicated to the dance.

You locked eyes with his, and stared at him. The room spun around the two of you, but your eyes remained in the same place. Slowly, you traced a hand up to his blonde locks. You caressed his hair and looked down at his lips. The tension grew, and he pulled you in for a tender kiss.

You lightly pulled at his hair, trying to deepen the kiss. The kiss was not lustful, it was a kiss like of those who have been married for years. You felt safe in his arms. He placed his warm hand on your neck, sending shivers down your spine. He pulled you in from the waist, before kissing you one last time. His lips departed from yours, and your faces were left a centimetre away from each other.

You leaned your head onto his shoulder, and danced along with him, feeling the beat from his body on you. He chuckled lightly under his breath.

-
After a few hours of messing around and dancing some more, you stated to feel tired.

"It's almost night already" Draco gasped, looking out of the window. "Oh thank god, I'm so tired" you moaned. "And my back hurts so much, I just want to lie down" you picked up your bag, but Draco took it from you and placed it back down. You looked at him in confusion. "I have an idea" he smirked at you.