Partners

"Y/n y/l/n ... and Draco Malfoy"

Of course. Of course he was going to be your partner. It's as though merlin himself was against you and wanted you to face Draco again, as if it wasn't embarrassing enough the last time. You sighed and looked over at Padma, she stifled her laughter and smirked at you. You got up and took the seat next to draco. So this was really happening huh?

The class went from silent muttering to loud chatter as they began making this truth serum. It was still beyond you why you were all suddenly allowed to make this truth serum, let alone keep it! You opened up your book silently and began reading the instructions. Despite being partnered up, you and Draco remained silent, the air between you being thick and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, you continued working as best as you could, trying to get the least amount of help from Draco. But.. you couldn't help but notice that he was doing it all wrong. You watched him for a moment and saw him putting the wrong amount of ingredients into the mix, it almost felt like it was on purpose. He couldn't be that clueless, right? "Draco..." you finally spoke up, feeling agony while watching him mess up his potion completely. He looked up to you and stopped in his tracks. "You're doing it all wrong..." you felt awkward being the one to tell him this, seeming as he was one of the most clever students in the class. "Oh," he whispered. "Could you.. help me?" What was this? Draco Malfoy asking you for help? Asking anyone for help, in fact, was weird for him. You got up out of your seat to get a bit closer to his potion, and leaned over his body. You reached for his ingredients so that you could start fresh. "See, you only need 2 of the Jobberknoll feathers, you put in 3" you explained while putting the feathers in the mix. He let out a small chuckle when you pointed out his mistake. While helping him, you didn't even realise how you were completely all over him. You pushed yourself off of him when you looked down and blushed furiously, your cheeks a bright shade of red. And looking back at him, he was blushing too. You both quickly resumed with your own potions, trying to forget about what just happened.

Finally, your potions were complete. Surprisingly, the two of you finished earlier than the rest of the class. The air, once again, awkward between you two. After a long silence, you spoke with a small voice. "Sorry.." Your words caught his attention and he looked up at you, his silver eyes piercing yours.
"What for" he asked back.
"I didn't mean to reject you like that. I'm sorry." The word 'reject' sent an inexplicable feeling through Draco's body and mind. He didn't know why, but he knew he didn't like it. How could the Draco Malfoy be rejected? "Ha. Funny of you to think that it mattered. I couldn't care less. Like me or not, I have hundreds of girls lining up to even look at me. I don't need you" he retorted. Great. The real Draco is back now. "Hmm, I'm glad we're on the same page then" you said back. A few more moments of silence passed before Snape finally said, "your potions should all be finished now. Like I said, you may keep these truth serums, but use them wisely, and remember that you are not allowed to feed anybody else these. They are only for your own consumption." He said sternly. You grabbed your bag and headed out the door, making your way to your next lesson. Why would anyone ever need a truth serum?

[a little shorter than I wanted but I was really stumped :( i want Draco to be more of a bad boy so I'm gonna make him mean again😌]