Chapter Twenty-seven: Oh, Hello Stranger!

"Come on Valerie, get up!" Blue called, tugging on Valerie's ponytail.

"I am still getting over the shock, leave me alone!" She replied, covering her head with the sheets of the bed.

"We need dresses, Mayi, what do you have in mind?" Dansé said, prancing around the place with a hairbrush "mine will be the color of a clear sky, as always. And I want something like those grey diamonds I had for my Announcement Ceremony!"

"I cannot conjure diamonds for you Dansé." Mayi said, dryly.

"They do not have to be real, just...make believe!"

"Hmm," Mayi said and stood up.

Valerie peeked out from under the covers to see how Mayi was going to work her magic.

She asked Dansé to stand on a stool in a light, very short gown that she was meant to wear under her actual dress.

Then Mayi took a deep breath and waved her hands which glowed with purple mist, a roll of beautiful blue fabric appeared from thin air, it had music note patterns on it.

"Hmm, I do not want any patterns, and can you make the blue lighter?" Dansé asked and the material changed when Mayi pointed at it. "Alright, I want it to be very soft, no not to that extent, PERFECT!"

"Ouch, can you not yell?" Valerie asked wincing.

"Sorry" Dansé replied with a grin. She hummed a nice tune as the material wrapped around her, trimmed itself and stitched itself together without Mayi doing much.
Soon, a dress started to take form.

"Your talent is so cool" Valerie said with a smile.

"What would you be wearing?" Mayi asked her.

"I don't know, I haven't really thought about it" she replied. She took out her phone and went to the photo gallery app but her phone was still wonky so all the pictures were like they had no signal.

"I'll think of something" she said tossing the phone into her bag. Then she brought out some paint and the Maorouka. She took her paintbrush out of her ponytail and went to work.

Meanwhile, Mayi added the finishing touches to Dansé's dress and it was beautiful.

It was an off-the-shoulders dress with long puffy sleeves. There were grey, diamond-like things adorning the waist and shoulder line. There was a long slit going down one leg and the rest of the soft, blue, material was flowing around her.

Dansé let out a squeal of excitement and twirled around and around in front of the mirror Mayi had conjured for her. The back of the dress was low enough for her wings to stay comfortably.

"I am so happy!" Dansé squealed, "thank you Mayi! I will show Kyoh now!"

"Are you sure?" Em asked.

"Of course" Dansé replied, rolling her eyes. Then she strutted out of the room.

"Done!" Valerie said and showed Mayi what she had painted.

"Wonderful" Mayi commented with her usual dry look "you would not mind if I alter a few things?"

"No, that's just basically what it should look like" Valerie said, getting on the stool.

Mayi silently waved her hand and the excess material from Dansé's dress disappeared and got replaced with dark blue material.

"This color would match that of your eyes" Mayi stated and Valerie nodded.

"That's fine" she said and held her breath when the material wrapped around her. It was smooth and cool and silky.