Chapter Thirty-six: Running Towards Danger.

"Sapphire, are you okay?" Valerie asked, going to kneel beside the spirit who lived in her necklace. She turned her over on her back and saw her open her eyes only a little.

"Sapphire, what happened?" Valerie asked, and when the spirit girl started to speak quietly, she leaned closer to hear her better.

"I have been ignored for so long, Valerie." Sapphire whispered like each word was causing pain "and I live off attention."

"Really?" Valerie asked with a confused expression.

"You dummy!" Sapphire said and smacked the back of Valerie's head.

"Ouch!"

"Yes ouch, you haven't meditated for weeks now! WEEKS! Which is the same as a couple months by the way!" Sapphire barked with annoyance as she stood up on her two feet.

"I thought you were dying!" Valerie said rubbing her head "you don't trick people like that"

"But I just did!" Sapphire said, arms akimbo "and I'll do it again if I want to!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. I should meditate every day, I just...I was so distracted by other things"

Sapphire flipped her hair over her shoulder and folded her arms. "Measly apology, but there is no time for all that, you are planning to face your father."

Valerie gulped and nodded but noticed how the dark emptiness was turning into a meadow, with flowers, bunnies, sunshine and hills. Just like the place she had painted a long time ago.

Sapphire faced her and folded her arms. "Was that not your initial plan when you left Olaw? Why do you look anxious now?"

Valerie sighed and let herself open up. If she was going to talk to Sapphire and be completely whole, she would need to be humble and honest. "Because I wasn't planning to fight Handel before, I just...I knew I was going to the Dark Kingdom for Diaz but somehow, The Void wasn't in the picture"

"What changed?"

"Everything, he is the only reason I came into this kingdom in the first place and I just knew that eventually, I would have to actually face him and get him to leave us alone. Levi made another sacrifice, he is good even though he is a Dark Creature, so if I can get rid of Handel, Levi won't have to be on the bad team anymore!"

Sapphire looked at her thoughtfully before giving her a small smile.
"Valerie Reece, courage, wisdom, strength, power and love is what you need for this journey.
You have it all in you already but your fear, pride, lack of seriousness, and other bad things are in your way.
Get rid of them. You have so much power Valerie, given straight from the Karis and not passed down from generations, use this endless power"

Valerie looked down at her hands. As Sapphire spoke, she could feel something inside her change. Like a wall was breaking and releasing something new.
"Do not hold back" Sapphire added quietly.
"That being said, you may want to open your eyes. There's a lot of hungry khakis looking at you guys like breakfast"

Valerie gasped and opened her eyes just as something ran into her and knocked her over onto her back, snapping her harshly out of her peaceful state.

The ugly looking creature was drooling as it had her pinned down to the grass, she pushed it back as hard is she could, her hands pushing into disgusting fur.