Chapter Twenty-one: Camp Out.

"Here it is." Kyoh said folding his wings as he did a perfect landing. They had come to a stop at a groove of trees "This is as far as the Pegasus can go."

"So we're walking from here?" Valerie asked, getting off of the winged horse.

"Yes, because you cannot fly" Tijan said with slight disdain.

"If you're not cool with it you can still turn back and go to the palace, douchebag!" Valerie countered.

"Wait!" Someone shouted from afar. Everyone turned to see a figure flying towards them at full speed "Mayi!"

Mayi immediately turned the color of beet "A..Athen?"

"Athen!" All the girls squealed together.

"Athen over here!" Valerie called waving her arms. The guy managed to do a clumsy, stumbling landing before them.

Mayi made an unintelligible noise and turned away from him. Valerie hurried up to her and faced her.

"Hey, hey you can do this, all you have to do is take a deep breath, in and out, do it with me, in....out" Valerie said and smiled when Mayi followed her instructions.

"Good," Valerie nodded "now you're still you Mayi, calm and collected and super mature and sometimes uptight and a killjoy especially when I want to have fun and you say no..."

"You are getting carried away" Vanity deadpanned.

"Sorry" Valerie grinned sheepishly "but I'm saying you don't have to be different when Athen is here, you just have to be...Mayi"

Mayi visibly relaxed at her words. "Yes, I can do this"

"Go get 'em" Valerie grinned and Mayi turned back to face Athen walking stiffly in a straight line.

"Kill 'em with the sauce!" Valerie called and everyone shushed her up from all angles.

"Umm...suh...." Athen squeaked before coughing and clearing his throat.

Valerie and Dansé hugged and giggled as they watched the love birds "here comes the best profession of love any second now" Valerie said, excitedly.

"Uh...Sup, Mayi" Athen started in a clearer voice.

"Wha...?" Valerie and Dansé said confused.

Athen continued "nice...uh...nice purple dress....you like caves...I like caves so...so...we should totes like--- wait that is not right..."

"What are you..?" Mayi started but Valerie couldn't hold back her laughter and she let it out, laughing at the top of her lungs.

"Oh my goodness, dude" Valerie said and went up to poor Athen who looked ready to be eaten by an Akanon. "You're not supposed to say the exact words I told you, you're supposed to boldly tell her your feelings."

"Feelings?" Mayi squeaked, her entire face was getting redder than scarlet.

"I can do that" Athen said and squared his shoulders before shifting Valerie out of the way "step aside, Chosen one"