Chapter Nine: This is Really Bad.

Valerie opened her eyes when her sneakers touched the hardwood floor of her bedroom. She looked around at the mess she left it in, the neon pink smudge on her carpet was still fresh, the destroyed art was still littered around her room.

Valerie looked out the window. It was still obviously morning!

"Hmm" she went to her alarm clock to check the time. It was a few minutes after eight! A.M!!

"I could swear I was in Oscavia till afternoon" Valerie muttered aloud.

"Time slows down completely in your world when you use the Maorouka to go to another world" a small voice said from behind her.

Valerie squealed and turned around sharply.

Blue was hovering right in front of her with a guilty smile on her cute face.

"Blue" Valerie sighed holding her little duanti in her palms "what are you doing here?"

"I followed you" Blue replied with a shrug "I'm your duanti so I go everywhere with you"

"Really?" Valerie asked with a grin "even the exam halls?"

"Is the exam hall a place?" Blue asked and Valerie nodded "then yes I follow you to the exam halls also"

"That's awesome!" Valerie said grinning and looked around her room  "so, welcome to my room, I promise it isn't always this messy" she said with an awkward chuckle before picking up stuff from the floor.

"What happened to it?" Blue asked picking up a sheet of paper, looking at the art on it.

"Hurricane Nicole, my mom" Valerie said with a dry chuckle.

"Your mother is a hurricane?!" Blue asked outrageously.

"No no no, it was a joke" Valerie said smiling and taking out her transparent paintbrush.

"Oh..." Blue said "what is a hurricane?"

Valerie just shook her head with a smile.

Before she left, Prince Artemas had called her aside and told her what to expect the next time she went back there.

He said she would start her training immediately she got back there. She would learn fighting and flying skills and read books to know all that she needed to know about Oscavia. He also said she needed to know how to twirl her paintbrush around her fingers since it was the most important skill of all.

Valerie took a long look at the paintbrush before trying to twirl it around her fingers it clattered to the floor immediately.

"Yeah I give up" Valerie said not bothering to pick it up "come on Blue let's go to the junkyard and break stuff!"

"Breaking things is bad Valerie" Blue said.

"Yeah but breaking broken things isn't, come on, we can grab some food on the way" She took the Maorouka and stuffed it into her bag before opening the door.

"Okay! I like food" Blue said hurrying after her.

Suddenly, Valerie paused and turned around "I can't go out like this!"