Epilogue: A Shocking Discovery.

"Aaaaand...done" Valerie said with a smile as she set her paintbrush aside and put the pallette down. She had just added the finishing strokes of silver to a pair of steel grey eyes in a background full of flames.

"Ooh...this is your best one yet" Blue said with a nod and Lion barked in agreement.

"No one asked you" Blue said to the puppy who jumped on its hind legs and licked the duanti. She giggled a little.

"Thanks guys" Valerie said with a sigh as she stood up from the stool and went to the window to look out at the starry but moonless night. There was a garden party going on next door and she smiled at the people having fun.

"I really miss them" Valerie said to Blue who shrugged.

"That is normal, it has been a year plus."

"You think Sapphire would kill me if I meditate now after all this time?"

"Better now than never."

Valerie blew out a breath and turned off the lights before going to sit on the carpeted floor, facing the window and folding her legs under her.

Slowly, she willed herself to relax completely. It took a lot of time since she hadn't meditated in a while but soon enough, she was in a calm state.

The world around her shifted and she was standing in a meadow full of billions of flowers, exactly how she remembered it.
But in reality, she was still in the room, hovering over the floor, her dark blue aura surrounding her body.

Back in the world of her mind, Sapphire materialized before her and she did not look happy.

Valerie offered a smile which was more like a grimace and opened her mouth to start making excuses. But before she could say anything, a loud voice ripped through her serene state and pulled her back to herself.

"Valerie?"

"Oof!" She said as she stopped floating and dropped to the floor, hard. She must have forgotten to lock the door!

"Valerie!" Sophie gasped, standing many feet away as she watched Valerie stand up and turn to face her.

"Sophie!" She replied, blinking severally as her eyes adjusted to the lights that had come on. "Hey, I thought you'd gone home"

But her best friend just stared at her with wide eyes and a slack jaw. "Y-y-you were f-floating in the air and you were glowing in the dark like a g-g-g-ghost!"

Valerie's eyes widened and they both stared at each other with shocked expressions for a long, long time.
Finally, Valerie spoke.

"Oh....crap"

THE END.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, the end 😄

Thank you so MUCH for reading Valerie and the Legends of Oscavia. Thank you for staying till the end to see this terrible appreciation note.
I love you, all of you! Your support, your comments, the love, I feel it everytime (I think).

Thanks so much, with all my little heart.

*Bows extravagantly*
Rhodes. ❤️