Chapter Forty-Two: The New Prophecy.

"You came back again!" Valerie said excitedly, yanking her hand out of Tijan's and running up to the dog that was sitting and watching.

He wasn't sure if it was his angry mind, but Tijan saw the stray animal smirking at him.

"You're the cutest thing that has ever walked on this Oscavia!" Valerie cooed, ruffling the puppy's golden fur. It's pink tongue lolled as it enjoyed the massive attention it was getting.

"Hey!" Blue protested.

Valerie paused her actions and gave her duanti a guilty smile. "Aww, come on Blue, he's a puppy! Puppies are absolutely cute no matter what!"

The puppy barked in agreement and Valerie went back to doting on it.

"Now I know exactly how you feel" Blue grumbled to Tijan and they both sighed.

"Valerie, you need to step away from the Xangle, that is not a puppy!" Em said and went to hide behind Dansé.

"Don't be ridiculous" Valerie said and rolled her eyes.

"She's right, puppies don't exist here." Vanity said. "This creature is a hundred times more deadly"

Valerie looked around and noticed that she was the only one within a five foot radius to the creature.

"O..kay I think I'll stay back now" she said and took many steps away from the "puppy".

"See this" Mayi said and made a throwing motion towards it. Purple mist shot out of her hand and sprinkled all over the dog.

It just sneezed and shook itself off.

Valerie shrugged. "See, perfectly...fine" Her expression changed when the dog sneezed again and literally transformed into something a thousand times their size.

A huge, massively winged, sharp-toothed lion.
The earth shook when it set one massive paw on the ground and shook out its mane flowing with long, gold hair.

Everyone gasped and moved back when it spread out its wings, feathers flying everywhere. Valerie couldn't even see its face from where she was standing, he was so tall!

"Cool!" Diaz said, pointing up at it, but Kyoh held him back with his good arm.

"More like angry" the white haired guy said.

The winged lion gave a growl that made the ground tremble and he took a step in Mayi's direction, lowering its head to reveal dangerous-looking silver irises.

Mayi transformed her weapon and brandished her electric whip.

"Wait! You'll just make him angrier! Valerie called and ran over to stand in front of Mayi.

She nearly swooned when she came face to face with the majestic creature, she'd never seen a lion before since she had never been to a zoo so seeing this up close was overwhelming.

"Hey, remember me?" Valerie said and slowly reached out to pat the fur above his black nose with her bandaged hand.
"You're so fluffy." She added and stared at it right in the eyes. "No one's going to hurt you, honey. We are your friends."