Welcome to Paradise

Nolan's (P.O.V)

Nolan closed his eyes in a bid for patience as two well manicured hands wrapped around his waist and slowly slide downwards to stroke against the front of his slacks. A very feminine purr sounded by his ears and he barely stopped himself from recoiling in annoyance. Damn you Vera. He mentally cursed, an image of Paradox's Queen floating to his mind. There were days he wanted to wrap his hands around her pretty little neck and strangle some sense into her. She was reckless, headstrong, stubborn, demanding, childish and an overall pain is his rear end...Yet you can't get enough of her...His subconscious was quick to remind him. He gritted his teeth and pulled out of the female's grasp, coming to a stand. Nika, a high level witch residing in the human realm, pouted prettily at him before sitting back on her hunches. She was in a word, gorgeous. Shoulder length black curls framed a face that was all regal angles, seductive upturned hazel eyes, and sensually bowed lips. She was gloriously naked displaying a figure that was petite yet full of curves and skin a warm caramel tone. It was safe to say men tripped over themselves to get a glance from her.

Yet looking at her right now, he couldn't quite find the mind set to enjoy the sight before him. Usually that wasn't a problem, usually he enjoyed and he enjoyed her well. Serving as his go to sexual companion whenever he was in the human realm attending to many of his businesses. What he'd never thought he'd had to do was mix the two. A golden rule of his. Keep business and pleasure  separate, black and white, no grey areas. He sighed. Yet for Vera here he was breaking another of his rules. Always for Vera. He thought bitterly.

Nika gave him a knowing smile and grabbed her white silk kimono robe, shrugging it over her frame. "Why do I have the feeling you need something but you're afraid to ask?" She came to a stand, grabbing his tie from the bed along the way, and walked towards him, her hips swinging with natural sensuality. Stopping just in front of him she looped it around his neck and looked into his eyes expectantly , even as she began the process of tying it. Nolan gave an uncharacteristic snort, a product of his frustration, and shook his head. "Not afraid Nika, never afraid." She laughed at that and finished adjusting the tie. "Just...reluctant" he conceded. She finished and stepped back, reaching for his suit jacket. "Well I think our friendship will survive" she teased, moving to perch at the end of her bed. Pulling on the dark grey jacket he caught her gaze and held it. "I need you to help me kill Lana Falcon."

* * *

Lana's (P.O.V)

Lana was sporting a light buzz from Felicity's forced pre-drinks and yanking periodically on the hem of her dress, if it could be called that. She had originally refused to go partying in Paradise, a district filled with clubs, bars, restaurants, you name it. Anything to do with a good time, was found in Paradise. The party central of Paradox. Felicity slapped at her hand and flashed her a pout. "Stop fidgeting, you look gorgeous" Lana rolled her eyes. "I'm not fidgeting, I'm trying not to flash everyone my underwear" she deadpanned. Felicity laughed, the sound like music and a couple men turned to look at her with clear interest and lust. Some woman too. "Underwear is overrated" she retorted, her smirk devilish. Of course she'd say that, considering what she was wearing. A skintight black dress hugged her figure and stopped high on her thighs. The sides consisted of a row of thin vertical straps that held the dress together but also displayed the fact that she wasn't wearing panties or a bra. The plunging neckline also confirmed the latter.

Lana wanted to go for skinny jeans and a halter top, but Felicity wasn't having any of that. So to Lana's dismay she was currently wearing a beige dress that barely covered her ass and had open sides that threatened to flash her bra-less breast to the world. It tied around her neck and had an 'halter-like' neckline that dipped low enough to display the start of her rib cage.