Memories: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Their swords clashed. Steel striking steel. The sound sharp and agressive, making her ears twitch. They jumped apart at the same time, creating distance to examine each other, both trying to guess the others next move. Smirking, she raised her sword and lunged forward once again, spinning just before contact to take a position on her left. Her sword swung low, aiming for his leg. She could tell he hadn't been expecting that but he countered her move perfectly despite the sudden change in attack. His sword smoothly deflected hers and she staggered back slightly from the force of his block.

Her blue eyes flashed with irritation and she swiped the back of her hand over her sweaty forehead. The sun was unforgiving today. Beating down on them with the ferocity of a scorned lover, unrelenting in its hateful glare. She couldn't let that distract her though, or weaken her resolve. There was no place for weakness here. He returned her smirk with one of his own and beckon her to him with a quick flick of his finger, encouraging her to launch another attack.

Rolling her shoulders to loosen the stiff muscles she slowly advanced, never breaking eye contact. The wind caught her long brunette locks at that moment and dragged invisible fingers through them, pulling them to the side. For the span of a second, his eyes tracked it. But a second was all she needed. She flung a dagger she had hidden, pressed against the inside of her wrist, towards his arm and he turned in time to avoid it finding a home in his flesh. Instead, it nicked his bicep as it sailed past him and found a tree. The distraction allowed her to close the distance and press her sword against his neck, drawing the smallest amount of blood.

She was breathing hard, a victorious glint in her eyes. His green eyes meet hers and warmed, a look of approval there. "You've gotten good...for a kid" he half praised, half taunted, stepping back. Her cocky grin slipped into a frown at his words and her eyes snapped fire at him. "I'm not a kid!" She all but yelled, barely stopping herself from stomping her feet in anger. He looked up from sliding his sword back into the sheath at his side and raised a blond eyebrow. "Then why do you look like you're about to throw a tantrum? Should I run and grab your pacifier?" Anger boiled inside her and she stomped forward, putting them nose to nose. Her expression melted into a deceptively sweet smile. "Trust me when I say, that's not what I'm thinking about sucking on right now." He inhaled sharply, his eyes darkening into dark green pools. His gaze dropped to her lips and stayed there for a few moments before growing angry. "Training starts at eight a.m tomorrow. Leave your sword, we'll be working in hand to hand combat." She canted her head to the side, and shot him a bright smile, pleased she had succeeded in affecting him. "Yes sir!" She chirped. He visibly bristled at that before turning on his heels and walking away towards the palace.

She sighed dreamily after him and nearly jumped out of her skin when someone tugged on her hair, almost sending her to her ass. She hissed and spun around, her hand flying to her hair to rub at the abused spot. She glared at the culprit, not at all surprised. "What the hell Jacqueline?" She demanded, staring down at the petite brunette that was currently smiling at her. Jacqueline was a walking contradiction. Her appearance was the definition of innocence with her short petite stature, large round eyes the color of warm honey, doll-like face, and shiny brunette ringlets. Until she opened her mouth.

Jacqueline glanced at the retreating back of her sparing partner and moaned. "I bet he has a big cock" she said dreamily. And there was that infamous foul mouth. The little brunette was the most crass, brutal, violent, loud mouthed spit-fire she had ever come across and she loved her to bits. Choking back a laugh she shoved the brunette. "Don't even think about it. He's mine." She stated. Jacqueline rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Whatever Rose, you've had plenty of time to make a move and you haven't."