Sister Knows Best

William's (P.O.V)

William's fist pounded on the door of the one person he never thought he'd seek out willingly. A shirtless and surprised Dean pulled the door open and narrowed suspicious eyes to him. "I'd asked you what you're doing here, but I'd have to care to do that." William rolled his eyes at Dean's pissy attitude and stepped forward, intending to enter Dean's home. A muscular arm slammed against the door frame blocking his entry. He met Dean's eyes and they had a small stare down before he conceded and murmured, "We need to talk. About Lana." Dean hesitated for a few seconds before stepping aside and letting him enter. "You have five minutes."

William's nose wrinkled the further he got into the house and the smell of liquor assaulted him. "Drowning your sorrows like a true man, I see" he murmured, his voice thick with sarcasm as he looked around at the empty liquor bottles. Dean grabbed a fresh bottle of brandy and cracked it open. He poured some in a tumbler and downed it before releasing a small hiss at the burn. "I was wondering when your high horse would come trotting along. Glad to see it wasn't far behind your pretentious ass. Or...is that where you keep it?" Dean drawled. His expression mocking. William pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek in an attempt to keep back a retort he knew would surely start a fight.

"I'm not here to fight with you Dean" he gritted out. "Of course not. With a disposition as sunny as your golden locks why would I think otherwise?" Dean replied dryly. He pulled a fresh tumbler from the counter and poured a glass for William. Reluctantly William took the offered drink and brought it to his lips for a sip. He hadn't drank in years...made it a habit to stay away from the stuff. But for today...

The liquid left a trail of fire down his throat that he embraced letting it distract him, if only momentarily, from his agitation,frustration and most of all, guilt.

Swirling the amber liquid around the glass, William cleared his throat and lifted his eyes to met Dean's. "Has she...Have you...?" he trailed off in question. Dean snorted and lifted his own glass to his mouth "Well that bush was thoroughly beaten" he murmured, in response to William's pussyfooting. He took a swig of brandy and shook his head. "No golden boy, she hasn't called...and neither have I. You?" William gave him a dry look as if to say: If she did, I'd be here why?

William downed the rest of his drink and placed the glass down on a nearby stand. "You do realize we have to talk to her at some point, don't you?" Dean shrugged. "No, we don't. She made it clear, she doesn't want anything to do with us." William stared at Dean in disbelief. "So that's it? You're done? You're over her?" Dean turned around to fully face William and threw his hands up in frustration. "And what would you have me do Will? She practically told us to take a fucking hike, which, we actually had to do to get down from the cabin after she blazed off in the only car available." He gave a humorless laugh and ran a hand through his already tousled dark hair. "As for being over her...I'm pretty sure you know it's not that easy." William's fist clenched. "Then why are you here drinking at ten in the morning instead of trying to fix this?" Dean's answering smile was mocking, "If I didn't know better I'd say you were trying to actually be a friend right now...but since I know better...what are really doing here Shore?"

William's gaze hardened and his jaw clenched. "Fine. I'll get to the point. In Lana's eyes we both wronged her, plotted together to deceive her. So, we both have to fix this. Together. " Dean scoffed. "So you want back in her good graces and you need me to help you." William snapped his teeth in frustration and took a few angry steps towards Dean. "Listen Rave, you may be a lying, cheating, underhanded bastard but I'm a man of my word. I promised you I wouldn't go after Lana's affections on my own." He closed the distance between them, barely an inch keeping them separated. "But I won't lose her because you're to much of a coward to face the music. We fucked up. But I'm not giving up. So, help me or not. It's your choice." His eyes narrowed dangerously on Dean. "But know this. If you chose to wallow in pity and liquor I will seek her out myself. I will confess to her and I will make her mine. Fuck honor." Dean growled and grabbed William by the lapel's of his blazer and spun, shoving the blonde incubus against a nearby wall.