Aftermath - Part 1

"Don't. Move...Or I'll have to hurt you."

Her heart, that was pounding hard against her rib-cage, slightly slowed as she recognized the voice. Stilling the begins of her struggle, she forced herself to relax and go limp in their grasp. "I'm going to let you go..." they warned. It was clear they were trying to establish trust, but she didn't mistake it for stupidity. She knew if she even so much as spoke in anything above a whisper they'd do whatever necessary to silence her. And running was a fools game. They would catch her, they always did. Nodding, she felt the hands slip from her and took a deep breath. "Randolph," she said quietly and turned around confirming his identity, a fierce glare on her face.

He was as striking as he always was. His long golden locks braided away from his beautiful face and bright green eyes. "Rose-"

"DON'T! Call me that." She hissed out as quietly as she could. Anger bubbled up inside her and rolled out in waves.

His eyes met hers, shining with regret, and he took a step towards her. Lana stepped back and held up a hand. Silently telling him to stay back. "I heard you. I heard everything. You knew. You knew who I was! And you lied to me! You let me-" she broke off, feeling a lump rise in her throat as sadness circled within her stomach like a rising tornado. "You let me have feelings for you, trust you! You let her use me!"

"Hurting you was never my intention. You have to believe that Lana," he uttered softly, searching her gaze. "I don't have to believe ANYTHING you say anymore!" she hissed, staring him down. "Who else knew? Did Jackie?" Lana's voice broke on the name of a girl she had come to love like a sister. A girl she missed intensely.

"No. No one else knew who you were, expect Vera and me." He answered solemnly.

Shock hit Lana like a bullet to the chest and she stared at him wide-eyed, seconds passing in silence. Jackie didn't know...Relief like she'd never known flooded her chest and spread through her. Her eyes watered and she quickly turned her head, blinking them away. At least one of her friendships were genuine.

"Ours was too..."

Lana's head whipped back around to face Randolph and she bared her fangs at him. "NO! You are no longer welcome in my thoughts!" She stepped forward and shoved against his chest, sending him back a couple steps. "How could you do something so cruel? You knew how broken I was...how lost."

"I'm sorry, Lana. I know you feel like everything about me, about us was a lie but it wasn't. I didn't know who you were when we first met. I was visiting Vera to handle Official Palace business when I saw my men cornering you...Something about you drew me, I don't know, I couldn't explain it if I tried."

Lana closed her eyes against the onslaught of memories that flooded her and wrapped her arms around herself.

"When I found out what Vera was planning I told her to release you. But you have to understand. She is not only my Queen. She's my oldest friend. She's family." he explained and Lana pulled her lips between her teeth. Her brows scrunching together as she lifted her eyes back to him. She hated to admit that she could understand that. She couldn't forgive him, but she could understand.

"Then why get close to me? What did you think the outcome would be when I found out?" she pressed.

Randolph looked uncomfortable as he shifted slightly and averted his gaze. "The heart doesn't follow reason Lana...it wanted you, I wanted you...still want you," he admitted in a hushed tone. As if the admission was a surprise to him as well.

Lana stared up at him, surprise painting her features. Her lips moved as she struggled to get her thoughts together, and when she couldn't she settled for, "...Oh."