Back to the Start

Rose was mentally exhausted. All she'd been doing the last two days was thinking. And then thinking. Oh and also, thinking. You know, just to switch it up a little. Her thoughts were a mess and it was getting harder to pretend everything was okay, especially with Randolph... Even without his ability to look into people's minds he was extremely perceptive. It wouldn't be long before he noticed the distance she was slowly putting between them.

For starters, she hadn't told anyone she'd had a memory. She didn't know why she felt the fierce need to keep that to herself but, she did. But now, she had all these questions floating around her head and no way of getting an answer. It was driving her insane! And making things a lot more complicated with Randolph than necessary.

Logically, she knew a relationship with Randolph was precarious. But emotions were emotions. Her attraction to him, for whatever reason, was undeniable. He was her anchor in the storm that was her life and the only one she truly trusted. A connection like that was hard to ignore. And she didn't intend to any longer. Until that damn memory....

Two pair of eyes flashed in her mind and then their beguiling faces appeared as well. The one with the short dark hair and searing gaze she now knew was named Dean. She rolled the name around her mouth silently for a few minutes. And the one with light wavy locks and intense stare, was William...his name felt familiar and right on her tongue too...

So who were they? Had they been good, or bad, to her? The memory didn't really make that clear. She was being dragged off, for one, and angry about it. But Dean's mannerisms, while stern, had seemed almost playful? And then William had just seemed apologetic. determined, but somewhat regretful about it... And she had said she hated them-

The sudden rush of water splashing her face, pulled Rose from her thoughts with a start. She sputtered and blinked furiously to bat away the wet droplets. She turned a deep scowl to her left and gave a huff. "What the hell was that for?!"

Jackie raised an eyebrow and gave her a pointed look. They were in one of the outside baths soaking up the sun while languidly washing up. Rose hadn't seen the petite succubus much -most likely because Jackie was avoiding her- since the incident at the sex club and decided that had to change. So after training earlier, she's hunted Jackie down and demanded her best friend spend time with her. Jackie had informed her that she'd smelled like a dead animal and she wasn't going anywhere with her until that fact changed.

Rose had dragged her to the closest bath, pushed her in, and jumped in herself. Ten minutes later, they were stripped down and fully emerged in soapy water.

"That was for ignoring me after dragging me here!" She shot back.

"Oh...sorry" Rose muttered sheepishly.

Jackie lost her glare and a sad expression took over her face. "I'm sorry too." She whispered softly.

Rose stared at her in surpirse. "For what?"

"For taking you to D&D...for pushing you too soon. I'm not exactly good at this whole being-sensitive thing. I say the wrong things, do the wrong things, I'm horrible at handling being supportive and my moral compass does not exist. Much less my emotional one. I'd like to blame it on having two dads but they are so sweet and kind and caring, and just the complete opposite of me. And you're my friend, my best friend, and I just-"

Rose pulled Jackie into a hug, surprising the honey-eyed brunette.

"Jackie?"