-2

Amity's POV;

I sat in one of the couches and to just there napping. All the while I waited for my best friend and my mentor to wake up.

Boscha was beside Willow, still holding her hand in both while sitting on the floor. She needs to rest somewhere else.

Standing up, I made my way over to her and crouched down close to her height to tap on her shoulder.

She immediately cracked an eye open to look at me.

"Hey," I whispered.

She mumbled a bit before asking, "what is it?"

She was really tired.

Blinking once, I said, "you need to sleep somewhere more comfortable, Boscha. There's an open bed upstairs, the end of the hallway, it's a guest bedroom so you don't need to worry. You can sleep there for tonight."

She sighed and tried to sit up better.

"No, no... It's fine... I wanna stay here with Willow." She said.

I smiled.

"You've changed... Soft just like me..?" I cooed.

She just snickered at me and brushed me off with a sway.

"Leave me alone, 'mittens'. Go have fun with the twins, they're probably still awake playing cards upstairs for all I care." She said before helping herself down to rest her head.

I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, sure... But... Willow will really nag me when she wakes up and finds out I didn't make you sleep in a bed, she even told me how you actually cramped both your left foot and right arm from sleeping while inside the healer's office for her one time." I said.

She didn't respond. Got her good.

"I'm also guessing that Willow got sick while in class and it scared the living hell out of you to hurry to the office when you heard the news another time after it." I added.

That was a convincing lie, she even sat upright with a look of 'are you kidding me right now' kind.

Funny, Emira usually puts that on when I say something blunt about her to Viney when they're together in the same room.

Haha... Good times.

"Meh, I'm staying with Willow."

"Still, Boscha, you're sleeping upstairs, and in all honesty, I don't want you waking up with a sore body. You're not in Hexside anymore, you're a young adult now." I said, sighing before I just grabbed her by the side and carried her over my shoulder.

Now this is how you carry a tall princess.

"What the hell, Amity..!?"

I frowned when she began squirming to get off.

For someone who joined the Emperor's coven like me, training your muscles to be somewhat physically strong is useful.

"Wait..! Did you hear that!?" I whispered to her.

She immediately stopped talking and asked, "heard what..?"

"The beautiful silence you carry with shut lips." I shrugged and carried her up the stairs.

"Ughh... You've gone cold, Amity," she growled.

I chuckled at her remark and just continued upstairs to the guest bedroom.

...

"Oof--"

I immediately tossed her to the bed and patted her head.

"Goodnight shorty." I said before leaving the room.

"You're just an inch taller than me, Amity, and thanks to you knowing how to pick boots that have the perfect height of heels, you're pretty damn tall for an average young dame."

I snickered when she said that.

Like I care.