-39

Luz's POV;

"Oh, that's quite... Cool to be honest." I chided.

She chuckled and brushed it off like dust.

"Meh, it's nothing too special other than working alongside Amity years ago before I decided to retire and help Willow with her gardening and all." She said.

Wow, she's this loyal for her..? Even after their massive letter fight to one another. How adorable.

"Well, that's nice to hear that you're loyal to her." I hummed before asking, "but really though, Willow, why didn't you get a rank?? I mean..."

"I'm just a Lady of a house."

I perked up.

"You're a what..?" I asked.

"I'm just a Lady with my Dame." She rephrased.

I was awe.

That's like... That would be a cool writer idea like... Some cool Dame and a fancy Lady in a Manor and all.

"Wow... You two are just outright being cool here now."

I snickered when Gus said that.

We fell into a fit of laughter before I decided to do an interrogation towards him.

"So what about Gus over here..? Hm?" I cooed.

He laughed before saying, "in all honesty, I was first a Knight, then an Archduke, and now just a Duke here."

I laughed and leaned on a hand.

"You can't fool me that easily, Gus."

He's hiding a lot more to it.

"Oh, looks like she's not easily tricked by small words under a sharp tongue, Gus." Boscha said while nudging my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, I wanna catch up on a lot more about yourselves like how you caught up to some of mine!" I chided.

"Oh, fine..." Gus sighed and laid back on the chair.

"My rank was actually everywhere to be honest. A lot of rich families were getting their ranks stripped either down or up because of the things that the high Empress herself found out about." He said.

I raised a brow.

So his rank kept moving around one after another in each research Amity did??

"Huh, that's pretty surprising." I said.

I thought it'd be something cool like Boscha and Willow's but that's actually... A little rough and surprising.

"So, right now you're just a Duke but it might change if anything comes up?" I wondered.

He shrugged.

Hm... Let's just say he's someone who can jump around ranks.

I sighed.

"But, y'now, Luz, I'm just wondering."

I perked up and glanced over to Gus.

He had such a curious look I couldn't decline whatever his question could be.

"Yeah??" I chirped.

"Why didn't you just decide to become a Grand Duchess? It's much closer than Archduke."

I chuckled.

Oh... That's what he was curious about, and here I thought it'd be something I'd need a bit of time to think about.

"Dude, those ranks are already taken, remember?" I glanced over Boscha's sudden chiding.

I smiled.

"Really? I didn't know that." I said.

"Oh, the twins are the Grand Duke and Duchess. Honestly, Amity doesn't care what those roles are supposed to be for but she likes it that way." Boscha said.