-53

Luz's POV;

W-Wait... What..?

I stared at her smug look.

"From this day on forwarding, I will meet you day to day and night to night." She said.

"Wha--!??!!!?"

That's supposed to be my line!!

I perked up when she chuckled at me.

"What? Surprised? That's fine, that's how I reacted when you told me that as well."

I don't know why but my heart was racing and my face was heating up when she leaned forward pointing a finger to my chin.

I smirked.

"You've changed." I scoffed.

She laughed patting my shoulder.

"Indeed I have, but... Work is work and dating is dating. So keep this relationship professional if you can." She said before turning me around to face the door.

I sighed when she handed me a bundle of paperwork.

"Here's your work for the day. Meet up with the Warden and disband his work along with his men, I need them gone if I want to establish new grounds for better guards." She said.

I nodded.

"Right away, your high Empress." I said before walking off to do her orders.

"And if you finish early, you might get a hefty reward from me."

I flinched mid-way turning the knob open when she said that.

Early? Hefty reward?? And from her!?

...

As soon as I closed the door behind me.

I immediately fell to my knees quietly wheezing with arms covering my face.

She's such an angel..!

Letting me have a reward if I finish early!? It's not a wonder everyone would think of her high Empress as a savior to this Isles!!!

Standing back up, I ran a hand through my hair before continuing to where I last left off.

Right... I need to get these signed by the Warden.

Seriously, these are a lot of persuading and signing.

This'll take a lot of time.

I sighed, groaning in discontent even as I fixed my tie and sleeves right before I'd get the show on the road with the Warden.

...

Knocking on the open office door.

The talk figure was quick to pull their head back around to look at me.

"Good afternoon, Warden." I said.

Great one... He looks decently fine for someone who should be retired by now. From what I've heard from Eda he likes to torture small creatures here and maybe even do experiments.

"And who are you!? You're human!"

I smiled and waved before bowing lightly after saying, "I'm the new Archduke, Luz Noceda. I was sent here to negotiate with you into disbanding your guards along with yourself to get new grounds established for new guards."

"I decline!!"

I frowned.

That was too quick, he didn't even let me try a bit.

"Warden, I'm afraid you wouldn't have much of a choice." I said while waving the papers he'd need to sign.

He immediately drew out his arm, it shaped itself into an axe and was swung at me.

This is just annoying now.

"Wha--!?"

I couldn't care less as I held the tip of the axe with a hand.

"Please, listen to what I offer, Warden." I said before tossing him down to the floor with a crash.