Chapter 21

1k reads!?!?! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

SHOTO POV

I don't know how many times I've had to deal with my brother in the hospital in the past week, but I'm getting sick of it. I swear he can't go a day without someone trying to kill him or almost bleeding to death. Maybe I should add all the times people have attacked him or hit him. Like just a few seconds ago, when Kaede slapped him because he killed her dad. Then again, that's a good reason for her actions compared to Monoma, who just flung arrows at him because he thought he didn't belong in UA, much less the hero course.

I'm also tired of Endeavor shouting constantly at either Touya or me. Like, bruh: it's your fault we're like this. If you had maybe been a more suitable father then we would've turned out better. So thanks for abusing him until he faked his death at 15, and for torturing me all 15 years of my life.

Maybe it's about time I fake my death like my brother before me, then come back ten years later saying, "Hey! It's me, Shoto. No, I was never really dead and I was just a villain for the past decade."

Yet when my father charges at my brother and slams him on the wall, I snap.

My left side bursts into flames and I hurl them at Endeavor, throwing him off guard. I scream at him, sending my right fist at his face, freezing his jaw in the process. Endeavor stumbles, fury blazes in his cerulean eyes.

I trap his body in ice, constantly having to replace it when my father tries to melt it down. "ENOUGH!" I screech at him. "Don' t you see what you've done to us?" Tears fill the brim of my mismatched eyes, threatening to fall, "You turned your children against you. Your eldest even turned into a villain!"

People started gathering around us, watching the scene unfold, and murmured amongst themselves. They whisper words like, 

"Villain?"

"Son?" 

"Isn't that Dabi?" 

"Yeah, I heard that he was in some villain rehab program." 

"I thought the Heroes were keeping that under wraps."

I ignore them, stepping up to my shitty father, a menacing aura surrounding my body while tears drip from my eyes, "You abused us for our entire lives! Including mom! And sent her away when she had enough of you. So what she poured boiling water on my face. It was less painful than all the pain I've had to endure because of YOU!"

My left side bursts into flames, engulfing nearly the entire hallway, causing the spectators to clamber out of the way to prevent from getting burned.

A gentle hand rests on my right shoulder, attempting to calm me down. I look back and see my brother shaking his head, his eyes full of disapproval and worry.

"Shoto don't, he's not worth it," Touya says, tightening his grip. 

Hermione no! He's not worth it. 
Sorry. 

I choke on air, my flames diminishing slowly.

"But-but why To-chan? He-he's hurt us for so long and I just want it to stop," I spit out through gasps of breath. I turn quickly from the force of his pull, getting trapped in his embrace.

"Don't become like me Lil' Sho, you'll soon learn to regret it." 

My eyes widen, 'Like him?' I think.

"Plus," Touya begins, continuing from his mini-speech, "Mom is back home now, so don't dwell on the past." 

I clutch his shirt and start crying, allowing the previous tears to fall without any barricade. Touya rubs small circles on my back, comforting me to his best ability. 

Why am I crying you might ask? Aren't I just an emotionless monotone traumatized teenage boy? Instead of showing emotion, I should just stay silent with a bored look on my face like always. Yet, I am still human. It is natural to cry, not irregular. It shows strength, not weakness. Crying is your eyes explaining your pain when your mouth can't form the words. Crying is just built up emotions that people have been holding in for too long. 

It's at moments like these that I'm thankful for the people by my side. Either it be family, or Midoriya. Whether it be complete strangers or classmates and teachers. 

Chorused running comes our way. I pull away from my brother, wiping away the tears and brushing his shirt, trying to dry the damp spot on his hospital gown. 

A tall man steps in front of the ground, a gun hoisted on his hip. 

"What's going on here?" He demands, his voice deeper than the Mariana Trench. His coffee skin covered in scars and his piercing orange eyes stabbing like daggers. 

Endeavor finished melting the ice that was imprisoning him, "Nothing Officer," He says, walking to him, looking down at the man who's only a mere 2 inches shorter than him. 

"Are you sure about that Endeavor? We were called because someone said that you were creating a ruckus and that a villain is your son," The officer says, "And that you also harmed bystanders when there wasn't a fight going on." 

Endeavor opens and closes his mouth, searching for an excuse. 

The officer cocks his head, and gun after he grabs it from its sheath. 

"If you don't tell me why you were causing this, commotion," He starts, pointing his gun at the Hero, "Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to take you in, Endeavor." 

913 Words.