Chapter 17

DABI POV

"Yes sir," I say, "I'll cover them..." I mutter the last part, lifting the collar part of my shirt enough to hide the dark bruises. 

My classmates snicker at the comment, a couple looking around for anyone with hickeys on their neck to figure out who my partner was. 

"No battle training today," Aizawa says, the class groans, "Instead," he starts sharply, "You will be partnered up with someone so that you can compare your Quirks and how they could work together, with Pros and Cons."

Another groan erupts from the students. They look at each other as if deciding who their partner already is. 

"And I'll be picking your partners." 

More groans, (enough with the groaning, Jesus) followed by, "Are you serious?" "You've gotta be kidding me" and the girls praying, "Please don't let me be with Mineta." 

"Shut it," Aizawa snaps, his eyes glowing red and his long black hair floating, "Here are the teams, and NO SWAPPING PARTNERS!"

Bakugou & Kirishima
Hagakure & Ojiro
Shoji & Sato
Tokoyami & Asui
Uraraka & Iida
Yaoyorozu & Kaminari
Todoroki Shouto & Midoriya
Sero & Jiro
Mineta & Mina & Todoroki Touya
Koda & Aoyama

"Yes, although there is one team of 3," Our teacher begins, "It's not only because we have an uneven number of students, but to keep Mineta in place. Get in your groups."

The 21 of us head to designated areas, grouping into our small teams. 

"Hey, Touya!" Mina jumps, slapping my back, "Nice seeing you back."

A confused expression appears on my face, making her laugh, "You're not, scared?" 

She shakes her head, "Nah, so what you were a villain, the number 3 most wanted villain even," she kicks her leg behind her, ramming her foot into Mineta's face, "The keyword being 'were', Touya." 

I laughed sheepishly, "Yeah ok Ashido, th-thanks?" 

She sits down at a desk, and I relax in the one next to her. 

Mineta tries to sit on Mina's other side but I grab his shirt and toss him in front of me, "Don't even try grape," I say, "You're not touching her on my watch." 

I light my hand on fire, the blue light flickers dangerously near his face. Mineta whimpers and tears fall down his face, that wimp. 

"Can't believe I got partnered with a guy," The grape mutters under his breath, "I wanted to touch Mina's boobies." 

Ashido slaps his face and uses her acid to melt one of the purple balls off his head, making him scream. 

I laugh loudly, "Guess that's one way those two Quirks cannot work together." 

I look over at the pink alien, "How about a basis on all of our Quirks?" 

"Sure!" Mina starts excitedly, "My Quirk is called Acid, it allows me to generate acid from my body. I can manipulate the properties of the acid such as the thickness and potentness." 

I nod my head, "That's a cool Quirk, mine is called Cremation, its blue fire that's so hot it literally melts." 

Mineta sits up on his desk, "Pop Off is my Quirk, it allows me to produce and pluck ball-shaped objects from my head; the balls grow back just as fast as they're plucked."

"Oookay," I say, "Now the drawbacks of our Quirks," I continue after I write everything down.

Mina crosses her legs and runs her fingers through her messy pink hair, her horns twitching slightly, "There is a limit to how long I can produce the acid until my skin gradually loses its natural resistance to it."

I nod, writing the information down, "Those were some big words for you, number 19 of the class midterm rankings." 

She scoffs and playfully slaps my back, "I've been studying."

"What about you Mineta?" I ask.

"I don't really have much of a drawback to my quirk," He says smugly, "Just that if I pop off too many too fast then my head starts bleeding. It doesn't hurt all that bad because I've developed an immunity to it." He crosses his little arms and smirks. Mineta's trying to show off but he doesn't realize that everyone already hates him, so no point. 

I scribble the pretty much useless information on the sheet of paper, "My drawbacks-"

"You have multiple?" Mina asks, cutting me off.

"Yeah," I murmur, "Anyways, My drawbacks are that if I overuse my Quirk, the flames burn my skin, as you can see with the scars covering over half of my body. I was born with my mom's skin which was meant for ice wielding, that only makes the burns I get that much more painful." 

"Yeowch," Mineta comments.

"And," I continue, "If I use my Quirk on a living person, their skin, muscle tissues, and bones would literally melt. Just ask Bakugou about his leg. It was not a pretty sight." 

Mina covers her mouth, "Don't remind me," she says through her fingers. 

RIIIINNNNNGGGG

"Go to lunch," Aizawa says, slipping back into his yellow sleeping bag, "And someone go help Bakugou to the cafeteria." 

Sorry for the short chapter, a lot of stuff has been going on at home lately and I just haven't been in the best mindset. I love you readers so fricking much, almost 700 reads? istg y'all are amazing. 

See you in the next chapter my lovelies. 

866 Words