Chapter 14

DABI POV

You know, I could give you a perspective of what happened from my angle, but I'd honestly prefer not to. It could be just because the author is lazy, or so that you can sleep. 

(HEY! Really Touya? I'm not lazy. And STOP breaking the 4th wall, Jesus)

Anyway, after being chewed out by Ichigo, I wake up in a white bed. Next to me is an IV drip, its transparent fluid trickling into the small tube connected to my inner elbow. My arm has returned to a disgusting purple color, confirming that the scars that were recently restored decided to come back and haunt me. 

I look around the room more, seeing another bed on my right. The white sheets are crumpled, below them a restless blonde shuffles in the blanket. He turns to me and stares, instead of his normal angry crimson eyes, they're soft with traces of regret in them. 

"Hey, Dab- I mean, Touya..." Bakugou starts, scratching his scalp with vigor, "sorry about attacking you. I get that you want a restart in life, and I had no right to try to kill you. Even though you did help kidnap me a few months ago, I shouldn't have hurt you."

He looks down, a teardrop falls from his cheek, dampening his pillow. He tugs his blonde locks, bunching a chunk of his spiky hair in his fist. 

"Hey, hey Bakugou," I start, carefully choosing my next choice of words, "It's fine. I should've told y'all who I was anyway. And I'm sorry about your leg. I can't really control my Quirk that well..." I trail off, lingering my eyes to where his thigh is concealed by the white cover. 

Bakugou laughs weakly, "Nah, it's okay. I probably deserved it anyway. I was an asshole." 

I smirk and grip my sheet and throw it off my body, gawking at my scarred figure, "Guess I'm on the path to looking like the villain I used to be." I bend my arms in front of me, seeing the purplish discolorations engulf my entire limb on each side. I run my fingers through my red hair, brushing out the tangles sloppily. I sit upon the mattress, allowing my feet to dangle from the bedside. I gently step off, clasping onto the frame in case my legs decide to give out. I raise my hospital gown enough to look at my stomach, eyeing the other scars that appeared. 

I sigh heavily and look at the blonde, "How's your leg?" I ask, gesturing to his femur. 

He inhales sharply, "Somehow the old hag was able to restore it, but I'll have to stay off it for the next week or so." 

I grimace, "Sorry again, Bakugou. I didn't mean-"

"It's fine really," he interrupts. "No need to apologize. Plus, we can settle any other disputes during training."

"After your leg heals," says a different voice. "You both were asleep for almost 5 days." 

'5 days? Wow.' I think. 

Bakugou and I look towards the noise, then down. Principal Nezu sits on a chair, sipping tea with no fragrance. 

He hops off, setting his cup on the counter near him. He waddles to us, spreading his short arms out and displaying his paws. His black vest snug on his small body, his white tail swings back and forth slowly. 

"Bakugou," says the mouse, walking up to his bed and patting his foot, causing the blonde to wince and squint his eyes, "That's the first time you've ever apologized to someone by your own will. Kirishima is really turning you into a better hero." 

Bakugou growls and sits straight up, completely ignoring the pain he's in, "Shitty Hair isn't changing me! He's just some extra helping me to the top!"

Bakugou pouts, slamming back down onto the bed while crossing his arms and looking down. A faint blush appears on his face and a small, genuine smile plays on his lips.