Chapter 4

"I did." 

"You WHAT!?" said a deep, husky voice. 

The three of us turn to the sound and see... Shoto?

His left ride erupts in bright hot orange flames and he rushes at me. He blasts the fire in my direction, threatening to destroy everything, and everyone, in its path. I try to use my quirk until I remember that I still have that quirk dampening anklet on. 

I brace myself for the impact by shielding my body as much as I can with my lanky arms and shut my eyes tightly, but the fire never touches me. Instead, the sound of ice crinkling and a cold mist brushes my bare feet. I slowly let down my arms and open my eyes, staring at the ice wall that was created to block the flames from hurting me. I glance around and see Fuyumi, arms spread out, palms facing the ice with frost steadily dancing off her fingertips.  

"ENOUGH!" my sister roars, having anger threaded in her normally honey-like voice. Mist bounced off her shoulders, giving her a fierce aura, proving that she wasn't messing around. Then again, neither was Lil' Sho when he just tried to kill me.  

Natsuo starts to melt down the wall in between the three of us and Shoto. (I can't figure out what his quirk is so I'm just going to make it Dry Ice, ice so cold it's hot and can melt other ice in its place.) He stands up and looks at Shoto, shaking his head. Almost like he's sending a telepathic message saying, "Your sister's right Shoto, don't kill him." 

Shoto marches towards Natsuo, this time ice sprawls off his fingers, making the room below freezing. He gazes up at his taller brother, a piercing glint flashed in his eyes, "Why are you protecting him?" he shouts, pointing at me when he says 'him'. "He killed Touya!" 

Fuyumi places her hands in between the two brothers, forcing them away from each other. "You don't know that Shoto." she reconciles, glancing at me once with worry like she might lose her older brother again if she can't settle Shoto's rage. 

The bi-color haired teenager scoffs, "He literally just confessed to the murder, Fuyumi!" He glares at me, and steps in my direction, while I inch away from him. 

I regain a pinch of courage and stand up tall, proving that I'm not afraid of my baby brother, even though he is 15, goes to one of the most prestigious schools for heroing in all of Japan, and is a quarter-inch taller than me. 

I point my chin up and speak, "Look's like you're finally taller than me Lil' Sho." I punch his arm in a brotherly way and hug him, knowing full well that I would probably be burnt to a crisp in a couple of seconds. 

Fuyumi snorts while Natsuo is just in confusion. "What the hell is going on? Is this a secret joke that I'm not included in?" 

Shoto's left half starts getting really warm, "Dabi, what the fuck are you-"

Fuyumi interrupts the brotherly bond happening by shouting, "CAREFUL TOU-CHAN!" then quickly slaps her hand over her mouth. My baby brother looks at me then her, wondering why she called me... that. 

Shoto shoves me into the wall, and I slam my already throbbing head next to one of the picture portraits. Huh, it's mine, from 10 years ago. 

His eyes dart back and forth from the image and me, trying to depict the similarities between the two. I put on that same sly smirk I used in the photo and said, "Well Lil' Sho? Recognize me now?" 

"No..." he starts, "It- it can't be. Touya died 10 years ago." 

I hug him again, this time not gaining an angry teenager threatening to kill me. "Happy birthday to me."

Shoto hugs back, clutching my shirt like how he used to when he was barely a toddler. His tears and mucus drench my cotton shirt, but I don't care. I have my family back. The other two also join in the hug, squeasing the life out of me. 

"SHOTOOOOOO!!!!!!" 

My baby brother releases me from the embrace and wiped away his snot and tears, all with the same hand. Gross. 

"Sorry Touya, I have training. I'll see you for dinner ok?" Shoto says. 

Oh no, he's still having to undergo training with that bastard? "Yeah, I understand." I say.

Fuyumi perks up, "Don't, worry guys, I'm making Soba for dinner!" she claps her hands together and elbows Natsuo. 

"OW! Hey what was that for?" 

"Ahem-"

"Oh right, also, great to have you back Touya." Nat slaps me on the back and laughs when I slap him back twice as hard. 

Shoto waves goodbye to us and starts to run off in the direction of the angry ball of flaming trash. "Sorry for trying to kill you Tou-Chan!" he shouts, his footsteps gradually recede away while the halls echo, filled with the squeaking of sneakers.

I check the clock hanging on the wall and see that it's nearly 6:00. Did I really sleep most of the day and never even notice? 

"Well this is quite the lively house hold isn't it?" I observe, trying to cut the stillness in the room, or hallway. 

"Haha yeah," Natsuo says, rubbing the back of his head. "I guess you could say that."

Another clap emits from my sister, "I have a surprise for everyone during dinner!"

I look at Fuyumi with a curious expression, so does Nat. 

"What is it?" my brother and I ask in unison. 

Fuyumi smiles and jumps a little. "Mom's coming home!"

942 Words